How 'bout them cupcakes?
20 July 2011
Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes
Ingredients:
1 package of chewy fudge brownie mix
1 package of {Reese} peanut butter chips OR 24 miniature peanut butter cups
Directions:
{For mini cupcakes}
1. Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies.
2. Fill the cups half full with brownie batter.
3. Place 3-4 peanut butter chips in the center of the batter.
4. Fill the cups almost to the top.
4. Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes.
{For normal size cupcakes}
1. Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies.
2. Fill the cups half full with brownie batter.
3. Place 1 miniature peanut butter cup until the batter meets the top edge of the peanut butter cup.
4. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
Peanut Butter Icing
Ingredients:
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
3 tbsp milk, or as needed
2 cups confectioners' or icing sugar
Directions:
1. Beat butter and peanut butter in an electric mixer.
2. Slowly mix in the sugar, and when it thickens and gets dry, add the milk a little at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable.
3. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.
4. Spread or pip lavishly over the cupcakes.
For me this was a fun recipe to make. My Brandon LOVES anything Reese or peanut butter and chocolate, so I figured I'd mix it up and make something different! When I made the mini cupcakes it made 48 {two pans of 24} and I had left over. I didn't want to waist the goodness, so I whipped out a loaf pan and just poured the rest in there! The icing was a little tricky. I haven't made icing in a while. It was really creamy, but I just assumed it was from the peanut butter. It turned out great! Instead of spreading the tops with icing, I put it in a Ziploc bag, snipped the corner of the bag, and did little dollops.
Enjoy ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment