Pages

Randomness & Recipes!

18 October 2011

So, I've been doing a little cooking in the kitchen, so I need to update my recipes! Today I have Stuffed Peppers in the crock pot and I can't wait to get home and try them! I have never had them before.


Stuffed Peppers


Ingredients
1 lb lean ground beef
1 can mexicorn
1 can black beans {rained & rinsed}
1 cup spaghetti sauce
1/2 onion {chopped}

Directions
1. Brown ground beef, drain
2. Sautee in onions
3. Stir in spaghetti sauce, corn, and black beans
4. Cut top off green peppers, clean out, and rinse
5. Stuff the peppers
6. Cook in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours

I stuffed three peppers and had left overs. With the left overs you can eat with scoops, a tortilla, or add corn and make a mini casserole as side dish. I'm making the casserole side dish! I know Jax is at home enjoying the smell right now ;)

The Mr and I are big fans of pancakes and I found a new recipe thanks to my BFF Pinterest!


Biggest Loser Oatmeal Pancakes


Ingredients

6 egg whites
1 cup rolled oats, dry
1 cup cottage cheese
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

1. In a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
2. Heat a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
3. For each pancake pour 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle.
4. Flip when they start to bubble. Cook until golden brown.
5. Repeat with remaining batches, spraying the griddle as needed.

They are so healthy and yummy! I can't get over how sweet they tasted. And for all you cottage cheese haters...cottage cheese has tons of important nutrients in it and with a recipe like this, you can't even taste it!


Saturday I did some DIY projects and I will talk about that later this week when I get the completely done. I also went to Carter's one year old Sock-Monkey Theme Birthday Party! Check it out! And check out Holly Winchell who created all the cute and fun decorations for the party!

Here is me and the handsome birthday boy :)
I know, he is so precious!

He actually kept the hat on the whole time he ate cake!



On Sunday after church {which was an awesome sermon as usual I am loving the relationship series we are doing!} Mom and I went to the movies. We saw, ladies hold your breath...


It was very good! I am kind of in shock that I haven't heard anyone talking about it, like at all. It was suspenseful, mystery, romance all in one! It was the type of movie where you had to figure out who the bad guys really were and who was the good guy.

After that we went to Kroger and got a Redbox. We rented The Caller.


Creeeeepy!
But so good! Again another 'mystery' type movie where you had to figure it out.


So, that's my catching up with the weekend minus the DIY projects. Can't wait to share them! Hope everyone is having a great week so far :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIDER