Well, obviously I haven't blogged in a while. It's that time of the year! Last week Brandon was gone on a work trip so I was busy playing Santa and getting everything ready so that we could relax and enjoy the final week before Christmas. There's nothing more annoying then a 'To Do List'...right? Especially on Christmas!
Six days after seeing the foot doctor I have nothing but a giant
bruise and a sore foot.
Thursday I have an appointment with another doctor for a second opinion. This has got to stop. I am dying to hit the pavement. I would do anything to be able to throw on some running shoes and 45 minutes later be down the road 6 miles. Even though I am getting my fix by swimming and am absolutely loving it...it's far from the same feeling. I broke a record last Wednesday night and swam a whole mile. Which is 66 laps with about 1530 strokes. Killer swim. It felt amazing when I was through. And I was sweating in the pool. That's how you know it was a serious work out.
Friday night I had a mini girls night with my two fav coworkers Casey & Fran! We decided to stop 'talking about it' and finally GO DO IT! We went to Swirlz our local art studio. We had the best time. It was the first time Casey & I had ever been. We had a blast! Two of Caseys friends joined us as well. So fun!
So, apparently at these things you are allowed to bring wine or drinks and have an adult beverage while painting. Well... I don't see how I could ever do both at the same time. It was hard enough trying to focus and keep my ADHD calm to pay attention and follow along!
When you get there you have an already traced canvas ready for you.
And if you follow along correctly it should come out to be something like this!
Ta-da!
And this just shows you how different they can all look :)
Yesterday my Accord went into the shop and I had to get a rental. That was a nightmare. First we went to Hertz. Disaster. Can you at least vacuum your floors and use a plug it in? Ok, I know we were there for a car. Well, they didn't even have a car for me. Really? Very disappointing. Luckily we were able to go up the road and went to Enterprise. Totally different experience! Friendly staff, very clean place, so nice. When the guy was checking us in and he asked for my info he asked where I worked. 'Jenkins and Wynne'. I thought yeah, def getting a nice car now. I mean he will know to at least give me a Ford, Lincoln, or Honda! Wrong. He said 'Okayy...let's see here we've got a Chevy Impala.' 'Ew.' {Oops that was rude.} Well they not only had 1 Impala for me to choose from, but FOUR! Oh yay! Not. Totally being a brat here, but look I'm paying a car payment for a brand new Honda Accord with heated leather seats. It's cold out. Can I get some heated seats? Nope. Warm cloth!
Well, I took the Land Rover to work today and my husband is enjoying his day off in the Impala doing last minute Santa chores and hanging out with my bro that is in town and they got me fixed up in something different!
Ta-da! Volkswagon Jetta with leather seats!
Not a Ford, Lincoln, or Honda..but it will do till I can get my baby back!
Some random photos to share...
Picked this up at the dollar tree. What an easy DIY this would be! Twine and bells. So simple.
China Glaze {Great polish 2 for $5 at Sallys!}
Evening Seduction. Lovin' it.
Mom came to visit. I had, 'Santas Coming' on the fridge.
She sneakily added the rest!
My angels.
I love when we're all together♥
Love your painting! Too cute. Love your hair too! The nail polish looks good!
ReplyDeleteouch that looks painful!!! the painting is so cute.
ReplyDeleteLove your hair! Sorry about your foot, I hope it heels soon!
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to go to swirlz! I'm shocked you thought enterprise was better. I had to get my car fixed in August from being rear ended and my experience was awful!! I had to wait an hour and a half for a car, the staff was too busy playing around and not concerned at all with customer service or anything. Hertz actually got me in and out relatively quick. I guess it's just a different experience for everyone lol. Our cars are both being pampered at Jenkins and wynne together, so I'm sure our Honda's will keep each other company ;)
ReplyDelete