I'm a bit behind on recipe sharing, so here's three!
Berry Banana Smoothie
Ingredients:
1 banana
4-5 frozen strawberries
Orange juice
Directions:
1. In a blender throw in banana & strawberries
2. Fill with orange juice until the very top of fruit
3. Blend & serve!
Tips:
-You can literally use any fruits you want!
-Once I made this and threw in drained & rinsed pineapple chunks from a can.
-I've never tempted any other juices other then OJ.
-I have used 2 tlbs of greek yogurt in before-yum!
Taco Crock Pot Chicken
Ingredients:
4 frozen chicken breasts
1 can mexicorn
1 can black beans {drained & rinsed}
1 can green chilies
1 cup salsa
1/2 can Tex-Mex Rotel {Great Value Brand}
Random Spices; ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, crushed red pepper
Directions:
1. In a crock pot stir together corn, black beans, chilies, salsa, rotel, and spices
2. Add in frozen chicken breasts and cover with mixture
3. Cook on low 6-8 hours
4. 30 min before chowing down shred chicken & stir mixture
Tips:
-I love to shred the chicken in any chicken crock pot meal. Helps coat every inch of chicken with flavor.
-If you don't have frozen chicken, no problem. Change the cook time to 3-4 hours.
-This makes A LOT. Will serve 5-6 people.
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients:
2 frozen pie crusts
1 bag frozen vegetables {corn, carrots, green peas}
2 chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom/chicken
Directions:
1. Boil & shred chicken
2. While chicken is boiling mix together veggies & soup
3. Stir in shredded chicken
4. Pour mixture into pie crust
5. Place other pie crust upside down onto filled pie dish.
6. Spray cooking spray onto top of pie
7. Bake on 350 for 40 minutes or until top pie crust is cooked
Let me share a story...
Once upon a time Brandon and I were shopping at our fabulous mall. We walked into The Shoe Department and stumbled across these REALLY cute Rocket Dog shoes. Love Rocket Dog. Used to have a pair in high school... Anyways, they're tan canvas, casual, cute. Would look great with a pair of skinnys! So, he said, 'Not today, babe. Maybe next time...' Blah. Total brat mode. Kidding! Smiled and said, 'Ok!'
Yesterday after work I went home to run outside instead of going to the gym because there was a short rain storm and it felt great outside! I figured a nice run outside would be good...since it appeared we had a break from the heat. As soon as I stepped out the front door and onto my porch to run the sun came out. I thought.. 'Oh well, a quick 30 minute run won't be too bad.' Wrong. Cut my run short, looped back home at 16 minutes and almost threw up in the front yard. Walked into my bathroom and laid in the floor in front of the toilet. Brutal run. Great news! I didn't get sick.
After my near death experience, I walked into the kitchen and Brandon said, 'Hey... I... kinda got Jax a friend today.' Me: Blank stare and complete silence. Then Brandon said, 'He's in his kennel and his name is Rocket Dog.' Blake stare was gone and a huge smile came across my face! I walked to the kennel and sure enough was the bright orange Rocket Dog shoe box.
I love him.
And my new shoes!




Yay! Thanks for that chicken pot pie recipe! Can't wait to try it! So cute Brandon got you the cute shoes and surprised you! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks for those yummy recipes!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet story!! Your hubby sounds like a keeper!