Pages

Recipe Overload!

08 November 2012

Lately I've been doing a little bit of cooking. No shocker there, I love to cook! Here's some of the newest editions.


Pumpkin Protein Waffles
 Ingredients:
1 scoop vanilla protein
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Directions:
1. Blend all ingredients together in a blender
2. Pour into waffle iron and cook accordingly!


Waffles. So easy, and so good. And good for you when you add that scoop of protein!



 Cajun Turkey Sausage and Chicken Jambalaya
Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
3 turkey sausages
2 jalapenos
1/2 onion
1 green pepper
1/2 can mexicorn
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
2 cups rice

Directions:
1. Boil chicken breasts, let cool, & shred.
2. Pour olive oil in pan and let heat on medium.
3. Stir in chopped onion, chopped jalapenos, & chopped green pepper.
4. Slice sausage and stir in with vegetables. Cook 5 minutes.
5. Add in corn, tomatoes, and water. Let simmer 10 minutes.
6. Add rice and let cook 5 minutes.
7. Cool & serve!

This recipe was beyond amazing. I've never made Jambalaya before. I was so excited to cook this for Brandon. I found the recipe idea off of the Johnsonville Sausage website. I did a lot of tweaking to it. I added chicken, and mexicorn, and a few spices. The flavor in this was so good. Perfect meal for a cold night!



Crock Pot Asian Chicken
Ingredients:
3 frozen chicken breasts
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbs soy sauce
3 tsp orange juice
1/3 cup peanut butter
cooked rice or noodles

Directions:
1. In a bowl combine soy sauce, orange juice, peanut butter, and pepper.
2. Place frozen chicken breasts in crock pot and pour mixture over top.
3. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

I got this recipe from an old school 5 ingredient or less crock pot cook book. I made this for our community group last night. I ALWAYS shred the chicken that I crock pot, I've said this several times before. I was a little nervous making this for 10+ people {I doubled the recipe}. 1. Because I have never made it before and 2. That's some wiiierd ingredients! Haha. This was a hit served on top of whole grain rice and a splash of soy sauce! 


Low Sodium Burritos
Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 packet burrito mix {low sodium}
1 cup water
1/2 can mexicorn
1 can black breans {drained & rinsed}

Directions:
1. Brown and drain ground beef.
2. Stir in burrito mix, water, corn, and black beans.
3. Heat on high until boiling, stirring occasionally.
4. Let thicken and simmer on low 15 minutes.
5. Serve on wheat wrap.

Love this recipe! So good and easy. The chopped cilantro on top really does give it an extra taste of yum!



Any questions? Don't be scared. Ask!

1 comment:

  1. i saw you post that jambalaya recipe on instagram the other day and was drooling. i'll have to try that recipe stat.

    ReplyDelete

SLIDER