Pages

Bennett Lane One Month

23 October 2013



Bennett Lane / One Month



One Month / October 13, 2013
Weight: 9 lbs
Height: 22 inches



Now he lays, but soon he will sit up, then stand, and eventually try to climb this tree!



One Month Details
Clothes: Still in newborn. They are getting a little snug, but some of them still fit perfectly. You have only out grown one out fit and that is the newborn puppy sleeper, which is the first thing we bought you! You are also still in newborn diapers and there is plenty of room in those as well! 

Health: Cross our fingers and knock on wood, you have yet to be sick. We're doing a great job though of keeping all the germs away as best as we can!


Diet: You are only and have only had breast milk! It's going wonderfully! At 1 month old you are eating 4 oz every 3 hours.

Sleep: Oh Bennett Lane, you are my child. You love your sleep just as much as I do and I love you SO much for that! At two weeks old we moved you upstairs into your crib. The first night was rough.. I cried more then you did that night. Your dad {thank heavens!} was strong enough to march you up to that crib at 2am on a restless night. We listened to you cry for 10 minutes and then you were out like a light until the morning! As of 1 month old you are put to bed anywhere between 8:30-9:30. You sleep until 3:00 am when you wake up to eat, and then you are out again until 7:00. You started this routine at two weeks old and we haven't looked back! You sleep on either side, depends on the way you roll when we lay you down. You sleep swaddled tight in a blanket or in a swaddle me wrap. And you sleep sideways in the crib so I can see your face in the video monitor!



Baby Gear Love: You love tummy time and the lights and music on the Adventure Gym. You also love tummy time on the boppee! I recently went out and snagged a great deal on a portable swing. You love that too!

Likes: When we come and get you from your crib in the morning, tummy time, when we sit you up straight and you can look around like a big boy, Mommy's Bliss Grip Water {Our life saver!}, your wubbanub, riding in the car, the songs at church, the sound of ocean waves as you're falling asleep, and being swaddled with your arms down and super tight!




Dislikes: When I give you the wubbanub when you're wanting milk {You make your eyebrows into a 'Nice try mom, I know this isn't milk' mad face}, gas in your belly, and you REALLY don't like hiccups.
Crying: When you're hungry, have a dirty diaper, need to be burped, have a little gas, and every night for about 5 minutes before you fall asleep.


Milestones: So many in this first sweet month. Together we have figured out so much! You know how to tell me when something is wrong-and I know what cry means what! You're crossing your eyes less and really focusing on objects. We've got breastfeeding down pat. Sleeping upstairs alone in your crib like a big boy.


Postpartum: Not completely 100% at one month. I'd say more like 95! A heck of a lot better then I felt that first week home. I'm waiting until I'm cleared before I start working out. I'm on day 7 of the 24 Day Challenge. Down 3 lbs and 5 inches! Started drinking SPARK again at 2 weeks home. Yet another life saver!


I am in pure shock that one month has come and gone. Life has definitely hit the fast track as you keep this house busy, busy, busy! But we wouldn't want it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIDER