In 2013 I watched my brother win a body building competition. His first competition ever and he won not only in his weight class, but overall. Wow! That was awesome. Unfortunately I was unable to be there, but I got to see him through out his journey via snap chats, text, talk, and social media. Still an extremely proud little sister.
Why? Because I [some what] understand the dedication and everything it went into him training for the competition. I know what it's like to lift weights for a month a see just a tiny bit of results. I know what it's like to 'miss out' on the cookies that are brought into work, the family BBQ, etc. So, to train for something like a body building competition... well I just can't even imagine!
When Brandon and I got together I got fat & happy! That's what I like to call it. Before I knew it I had packed on 20 lbs of fat. Ugh. I 'tried everything'. The watermelon diet, the 3 day little black dress diet, the make a pact with a friend and eat only one meal a day thing {so stupid}. Then I talked to my brother + started educating myself on proper diet & exercise. Within Brandon's 3 month deployment I lost the 20lbs by getting in the weight room, carb cycling, and cardio.
After we had been married for a few years I had that last extremely stubborn 10lbs that I couldn't get off with my regular diet & exercising I had been doing. So, that's what I got introduced to the AdvoCare Products. Hoped on the 24 Day Challenge. Lost 10 lbs, gained a ton of energy, my performance increased, and my abs came in for the first time ever! It was awesome.
Then little Bennett was made. :)
When I got pregnant not only was I allowed to stay on some of the AdvoCare Products.. {Halleljuah for SPARK cause that booger made me a zombie while prego!} but I was also able to take the products while nursing! So, when Bennett was 3 weeks old I started the nursing mom's challenge and in 3 1/2 weeks I lost 20lbs 17 inches and felt like a serious super mom! Whoop whoop!
I've always had the drive to be a fit mom who can run around with the kiddos and never the mom that used my kids as an excuse for my weight!
So.. once I got back to pre-baby weight I started back to my normal routine, which was really just whatever I felt like doing for the day. Can You 24, running, swimming, crossfit in the garage, joining Brandon in the weight room. But in June I got irritated. I wasn't see any results just skinny, skinny, skinny. I don't want to be skinny. I don't want to look unhealthy. And then after a very in-your-face discussion with my brother I decided to get serious about body building.
I know how to cut fat, I know how to get lean, I know how to cycle carbs, etc. But what I don't know is how to pack on muscle. I love learning about health and fitness so here is a way I can learn more + have new goals to work for and reach. Michael mapped out a plan for me both diet & gym routine. My diet is everything I need daily down to the percentage of healthy fats, protein, and carbs. My gym routine hits every body part once a week and gets me the right amount of cardio I need.
This has been a huge change and adjustment for me, but I have truly loved every second of it! I love learning about what my body can do, how far I can push myself, seeing how strong I really am, pushing myself to new limits. Most importantly believing and trusting in the process by being patient and waiting for the results. Doing things that you aren't used to... Like when your trainer tells you to eat white bread. Um... ok if you say so! Or when you can have a cookie. YES! Or... eat white rice not brown. No more HIIT. Only hit the stair master once a week. Walk at a 9 incline at 2.4 mph. Not 2.5 or 2.3 but 2.4 Ok!
Now with the addition of my AdvoCare Products. I've also learned a lot. I've learned about the best thing for pre workout & post workout. The best things to take for recovery. What to do when your joints get stiff or your tendons hurt from lifting heavy. Best thing for energy, rehyrdration. I love feeling like I have an unfair advantage with these products!
At the end of this week I get to check in, figure out my strengths & weaknesses, and tweak my diet/workout plan.
Excited to see where this journey takes me...
You can follow me and my journey on Instagram! @amandaforbes
Itty bitty muscles. But not for long...
Why? Because I [some what] understand the dedication and everything it went into him training for the competition. I know what it's like to lift weights for a month a see just a tiny bit of results. I know what it's like to 'miss out' on the cookies that are brought into work, the family BBQ, etc. So, to train for something like a body building competition... well I just can't even imagine!
When Brandon and I got together I got fat & happy! That's what I like to call it. Before I knew it I had packed on 20 lbs of fat. Ugh. I 'tried everything'. The watermelon diet, the 3 day little black dress diet, the make a pact with a friend and eat only one meal a day thing {so stupid}. Then I talked to my brother + started educating myself on proper diet & exercise. Within Brandon's 3 month deployment I lost the 20lbs by getting in the weight room, carb cycling, and cardio.
After we had been married for a few years I had that last extremely stubborn 10lbs that I couldn't get off with my regular diet & exercising I had been doing. So, that's what I got introduced to the AdvoCare Products. Hoped on the 24 Day Challenge. Lost 10 lbs, gained a ton of energy, my performance increased, and my abs came in for the first time ever! It was awesome.
Then little Bennett was made. :)
When I got pregnant not only was I allowed to stay on some of the AdvoCare Products.. {Halleljuah for SPARK cause that booger made me a zombie while prego!} but I was also able to take the products while nursing! So, when Bennett was 3 weeks old I started the nursing mom's challenge and in 3 1/2 weeks I lost 20lbs 17 inches and felt like a serious super mom! Whoop whoop!
I've always had the drive to be a fit mom who can run around with the kiddos and never the mom that used my kids as an excuse for my weight!
So.. once I got back to pre-baby weight I started back to my normal routine, which was really just whatever I felt like doing for the day. Can You 24, running, swimming, crossfit in the garage, joining Brandon in the weight room. But in June I got irritated. I wasn't see any results just skinny, skinny, skinny. I don't want to be skinny. I don't want to look unhealthy. And then after a very in-your-face discussion with my brother I decided to get serious about body building.
I know how to cut fat, I know how to get lean, I know how to cycle carbs, etc. But what I don't know is how to pack on muscle. I love learning about health and fitness so here is a way I can learn more + have new goals to work for and reach. Michael mapped out a plan for me both diet & gym routine. My diet is everything I need daily down to the percentage of healthy fats, protein, and carbs. My gym routine hits every body part once a week and gets me the right amount of cardio I need.
This has been a huge change and adjustment for me, but I have truly loved every second of it! I love learning about what my body can do, how far I can push myself, seeing how strong I really am, pushing myself to new limits. Most importantly believing and trusting in the process by being patient and waiting for the results. Doing things that you aren't used to... Like when your trainer tells you to eat white bread. Um... ok if you say so! Or when you can have a cookie. YES! Or... eat white rice not brown. No more HIIT. Only hit the stair master once a week. Walk at a 9 incline at 2.4 mph. Not 2.5 or 2.3 but 2.4 Ok!
Now with the addition of my AdvoCare Products. I've also learned a lot. I've learned about the best thing for pre workout & post workout. The best things to take for recovery. What to do when your joints get stiff or your tendons hurt from lifting heavy. Best thing for energy, rehyrdration. I love feeling like I have an unfair advantage with these products!
At the end of this week I get to check in, figure out my strengths & weaknesses, and tweak my diet/workout plan.
Excited to see where this journey takes me...
You can follow me and my journey on Instagram! @amandaforbes
Itty bitty muscles. But not for long...
Abs look different in this muscle building plan vs my do tons of cardio and get skinny plan.
Gains, gains, gains.
I eat complex carbs twice a day then have carbs in every meal every 4 days.
A day in the life of my stomach. So who says you eat less to be fit? Load the belly's friends!
The first time I had this meal, I had to remind myself BIG TIME to trust the process.
And who says eating healthy is gross or boring? Just gotta get creative. Body Building Sliders!







That's awesome!!
ReplyDeleteI am currently a breast feeding mama, and would love to start with Advocare but don't really know where to begin! Can you send me some info to get me started? emjlayton@gmail.com Thanks!
ReplyDelete