BFF; Best Friends Forever...wow. Talk about an acronym that is over used. I feel like I've had a million. I am guilty for using it, a lot...I mean I love a best friend, who doesn't? My definition of a best friend would be someone who is there for you when you need them, will stop anything and everything to come to the rescue, someone who lets you shine...when it's your time to shine, someone who wipes your tears, lends a hand, has a big shoulder to cry on, someone with a big ear that can listen to pointless rambling, and someone that can make you smile when that's the last thing you are thinking about doing. I have had countless "BFF's". There's something I've learned about that acronym, just like love-you know when it's real...
I'm so glad that I'm marrying my best friend. At the end of the day, that's what I would want to be with...a best friend. Not just someone I love, am in love with, or can have a good time with. I want it to be the person that I can sit in an empty room with and just be at peace. With Brandon, I can totally see the front porch rocking chair image with him in 60 years. There is not a day that goes by that he doesn't make me laugh so hard that my stomach hurts. There's not a day that goes by that we don't make fun of each other. With us there isn't embarrassment, there's no boundaries to jokes, laughing, silliness...it could literally go on for days.
We have so much in common, yet are nothing alike. We are goal oriented, love our family time, and can't get enough of the gym and outdoor activities. However he is modern and I am traditional, he has a dominant personality trait and to me life is a party, and he's a beach boy and I was born and raised in the south. I love that we're so different, but can always finish each others sentences.
Brandon and I have had countless nicknames...the list could go on. It's nice to know that there is one thing that we may not always call each other, but will know that we are and it's true and that's BFF. He really is my best friend and will be just that, forever.
Amanda

And he's exactly the kind of man I would have hand picked for you had I been given that responsibility :) ~ Mom
ReplyDelete