Pages

Killin' Time

05 March 2011

If anyone knew anything about killin' time, that'd be me! I've been doing it for the past 48 hours. I'd like to say I'm a pro as I look at the clock and see that it is 10:30 I look back at the day and think that it flew by. At least it isn't Monday! That's what I've been saying all day. I'd hate to have to do this awful week over again.

Today was such a fun day! I went and picked up sis (Ashley) and we went to tan and then went and met up with Kelly and got mani/pedi's! That was the first time I have ever gotten a pedicure before and man was it nice. My "beach feet" as Brandon likes to call them are looking pretty good and so are the nails. I just can't get away from a nude OPI shade that I've been wearing. It's so classy, I love it. Then we went to Chili's and had some lunch...yum! Went to Walmart and grabbed some last minute things and then headed home for the day. Cleaned, did some laundry, showered, and made some homemade Reese's peanut butter cups for Brandon. They are his favorite so I figured I would take a stab at it and see if he would like mine any better. ;) They were SO easy! I love to bake and cook especially if it is something new! I always like to see how they taste and how they turn out! I personally haven't tried one yet, but mom and dad said they were delicious! I was going to make white chocolate ones and then just chocolate ones but I didn't realize I didn't have enough white chocolate so the bottoms are white chocolate and the tops are chocolate...so I think that will make them better then the regular ol plain ones!

Brandon gets to try one very very soon. I'm sitting here now patiently waiting for the phone call that says, "Maaaaandaaaaa we landed!" It literally should be any minute. I hate playing the waiting game, but once we are married I will get a call and will know exactly when he will land. That will be nice!

When Brandon first left I thought that this was going to be the worst three months ever. What was I thinking? I have got the best support system there is! I have the BEST family, amazing friends, and AWESOME job that helps the time fly by, and the gym as a great hobby! I was thinking this morning about how really...this deployment has all been kind of a blur. I can't believe that Brandon has been gone since before Christmas...it doesn't even seem that long. I, personally, think that distance in a relationship is good. Especially since we have been through training trips and now two deployments. It makes us realize what we have, makes us thankful for it, makes us realize how important each other is, and so many more things. I actually get a chance to miss him. When you are away from someone you care about and all you can do is talk, you're going to talk. When you are away from someone you love and you see them again, it's like the 3 months was nothing but 1 day. You pick up right where you left off, you have MORE feelings for each other because you have been able to grow and communicate it other ways. So for that, I am thankful for them.

Brandon left my as my boyfriend and he is returning as my fiance. I can't wait to see him walk through that door in a few hours...


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIDER