Pages

Success & Jax

30 June 2011



I got a new lamp for my desk at work! Makes my desk feel a little more home-y. I mean, I am here 40 hours a week!

Speaking of work-today {the LAST day of the month} I found out that I met my personal goal AND our office goal! Meaning we get our big bonus and I get my little bonus! I was sweating bullets here these past couple of days, especially since Fran is gone this week, but we pulled through! Woo-hoo! :) I ♥ my job!


Last night I made an awesome new recipe! It's a rice casserole dish and it was so good! It's called Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole. I said jokingly that it was such a big dish that it was probably the one that Jesus used to feed the five thousand!


Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole


Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups uncooked white rice
2 2/3 cups water
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups mild salsa

Directions:
1.Place rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
2.Meanwhile, place chicken breast halves into a large saucepan, and fill the pan with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove chicken from water. When cool enough to handle, cut meat into bite-size pieces.
3.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
4.In a medium bowl, combine Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses. In a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, onion, and salsa. Layer 1/2 of the rice, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the soup and salsa mixture, and 1/2 of the cheese mixture in prepared dish. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
5.Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until bubbly.



What's Jax been up to?!

He's growing! He is getting so tall. He's almost potty trained! He's simmered down a bit, not chewing on furniture anymore and pretty much knows right from wrong! He loves his mommy almost as much as his loves his daddy. I can't wait until he is big enough to start running with me.

What words does he know?
-Jax/Jaxon
-Let's go potty
-Sit
-High five
-Kennel
-NO!

Recently Jax has started to watch TV with me! The other night we watched Legally Blonde. He thought Bruiser was hot stuff! ;)



Waiting for the dang commercials to be over.


Last night we went over to Nana & Papa's and ate some dinner and got to play with Simba and Papa. Dad bought him a big volleyball and he loves playing with it!

Simba and Jax actually got up in the same chair together and laid down. Can't believe they weren't arguing.


Today my Daily Devotion hit home. I have an awesome ap that I use. It's a neat ap because I can pretty much pick whatever category, I guess you could say, that I want and read from that section!

Today I picked {Living with others};

Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude.
1 Peter 3:8

I couldn't help but wonder...what would the world be like if everyone abided by this verse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIDER