Pages

On the move..

22 October 2011


Happy Saturday! I know right? I don't think I have ever blogged on a Saturday...this has definitely been a great one. I am a busy person, constantly on the go. Not big on sitting still at all. I'm not sure how I fit everything I did in my day today, but I did!


To start off I had a great nights sleep and woke up and cooked a delicious breakfast.


Whole Wheat Egg White French Toast


Ingredients
2 Egg whites
1 Egg
2 Pieces of whole wheat/wheat bread
1 tsp honey
1tsp cinnamon

Directions
1. Add all of the ingredients {minus bread} in a bowl and whisk
2. Dip bread in the mixture and cover completely on each side
3. Then cook on low-medium heat skillet until done!
4. Add fruit for topping!

With the remaining mixture I had left over, I turned into scrambled cinnamon eggs. Yum!


After my breakfast I got ready and headed off for a morning run. My plan has been to beat a goal and run longer and farther then I ever had and I did it! 4.25 miles. I was going for 4 and I definitely did it! With pretty good pace and timing as well, might I add.

I love having my Nike+ Ap to calculate all my runs.
{Perfect way to keep up with the miles I have on my shoes}


After my run I headed to Lifeway to pick up a new devotional. I started doing one that I've had for...a while. It's a teen one. Um, yeah I know. I have been learning about abstinance and all kinds of great teen stuff like that. Since I have actually kept up with it for about a month now, I decided that I should get something a little more age appropriate. A couple of my closest girlfriends have also talked about wanting to do one, so we are going to start this together and keep each other accountable. I'm so excited!

This is what I got us...

Has anyone ever heard of/done this study? It looks great and perfect for us 'busy' girls! Can't wait to dig in!


Next I went to Hobby Lobby and got a few things to do some more DIY projects. I know, I may be obsessed but I love it! I'm an arts & crafts kinda girl, what can I say? I'll be working on them tomorrow, so be ready for a post about them!


Mom and I spent the afternoon together. She's one of those best friends that are always there, ya know what I mean? It's great and I am so thankful for her. I scooped her up and we went to a few Flea Markets. Brandon and I were very fortunate and have a lot of brand new furniture, but because of that we still don't have a dining room table. We have a pub table, but not a table big enough for a big family feast and since we are having one Christmas Eve, we have got to get on the ball and find one! We thought we found one on craigslist, but it sold before we could get to it. :/ So, now we are on the hunt hot and heavy looking! But we're pretty picky...it's going to take some time. Wish us luck! I was actually surprised with all of the Flea Markets we have that I didn't even know about! Pretty exciting. I love digging through junk to find treasures. I have a date set with my big sis to go hunting in a few weeks and I'm sooo excited!


Well after we didn't have any luck at the Flea Markets we headed to ou
r massage and it was amazing. An hour of nothing but pure relaxation. And after the week I had in the gym I was so sore and tense all over. Perfect timing!

We had lasagna for dinner and some healthy pumpkin cake after and lounged around and watched Bridesmaids-funny, cute, but kinda raunchy.. Want the recipe to the No Fuss Lasagna, click on my recipe tab! Want the healthy pumpkin cake recipe? Check out mom's blog here!


Now, I am off to watch Hocus Pocus. Oh yeah, kind of a big deal. Just my favorite Halloween movie ever! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could have some of your running energy... I love walking and could do that for miles but running not so much. I think I need to learn to push myself through all the tiredness & pain that I get from trying :(.... Your doing great if you can run 4 miles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend girl! Can't wait to see what DIY's you did this weekend!!! Congrats on your long run too!!! That french toast looks amazing!! yummy! Have a great sunday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo your breaky looks yummy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on your run, Amanda! Are you training for anything particular? Also, a GREAT daily devotional is "Jesus Calling." I highly highly highly recommend it. Either that one or "Sparkling Gems" which is another great one too! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The french toast looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

SLIDER