Pages

DIY Projects & The Bouncy Curled Under!

21 October 2011


So, I am completely done with all of my DIY Projects that were on my list...for now. Hehehe {evil laugh}. I ended up having a tweak a few of them so here they are!

I did the famous mason jar & olive oil project that has been floating around Pinterest.

I'm sure you have seen it...

I let my mom pick out the picture and I am so glad I did, because it looks perfect in the jar! Of course I wanted a wedding snap shot. This project was so easy all you need is olive oil, a mason jar, and a picture! At first my dad is all, 'Really? What is going on in here.' And I'm like, 'Dad...nun-ya!' When he saw the finished product he said, 'That's pretty slick.' Um, yeah!

Wah-lah!


So, my next thing was turning this pin into my very own.


As much as I love our fridge magnet messages we leave each other...

{Inner Child}



This I was able to make Pinterest perfect!

The finished products are on my dresser!


I love that I was able to tie in the fabric I used on the last two projects! Also, the wooden statue..picked it up on our honeymoon in Jamaica. Oops...still need to post about that. The heart box is my wedding gift from Brandon. Perfect♥


Another project I finished was our medicine cabinet. I am OCD when it comes to organizing and so the medicine cabinet was on the list. I picked up these green baskets in my Goodwill outing for .50 cents for all 3! I knew I wanted to label them, but wasn't sure how. I have a basket for Brandon's, a basket for mine, and a basket with everyday meds. I tried to find some sort of his & Hers labels Mr & Mrs or something like that, couldn't find anything. Then I moved to the stickers...that in it's self was over whelming. Good Lord Hobby Lobby has PLENTY of stickers!! So, then I found ribbon and was sold! This is how I made them over. Simple, but just enough to make me smile.

Before:

After:

Fun right? Of course I figured Brandon wouldn't be into a bow ;)




Next subject: HAIR!

I love hair. Believe it or not a few short years ago my hair was this length...


So, now my hair is growing it is healthy and brown and I am loving it! It's getting longer so now I am finally able to start messing with it. It aggravates me when girls are like, 'OMG you should see my hair it is so frizzy and thick.' I can bet you a million dollars, right now...that mine is more frizzy and thick then yours. I have a lot of hair. Like, after I blow dry it, it looks like I got electrocuted. When I 'do' my 'do' I have to section it off just to make sure I get every last strand and Brandon says I look like an octopus. It's he the sweetest?

Anyways, so with that being said check out this awesome tutorial I did! Love following blogs and one of my favorite that I've been following for a few months now is Kate from the The Small Things Blog. If you go to the top of her blog you will see a link to view all of her hair tutorials that show pictures &/or a YouTube video that walks you through the entire thing! So, one day I placed my laptop on my bathroom counter and learned it. Brandon LOVED my hair like this, so it is now something I do often and now that I have it down pat, it's quick and easy!


This is the look I was after:

During:

After:


And sometimes if I don't have time to throw the clips in and let it set, I still pull the straightener out how she taught me and it gives me volume! Check out her other tutorials. They are so great!



This weekend I have a 4 mile run planned, massage, mom & daughter time and who knows what else! Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

5 comments:

  1. Girl your projects turned out super! I love every single one of them. That picture in the mason jar is perfect and so adorable! I also am in love with you amazing hair!!! Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned!!! Have a wonderful one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gave you an award on my blog. Go see :) Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I'm a military wife, too (Navy) - my husband also deployed while we were dating (and ever since then), so I know exactly how you feel when you see them in their uniform for the first time. It never gets old does it?! :)

    Have a great weekend!
    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hair on you! I wish my hair would do that, but that would require me straightening it and I'm too lazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little projects turned out so cute! I found you on the Presutti's page & I must admit I have fallen in love with your cute little blog.I just started following you & I have made it through like 5 pages worth of your pages. I just loved it. I hope you & your hubby have a great weekend. & I seen he was in the military. I am only a little under 2 hours away from you all :)

    ReplyDelete

SLIDER