Pages

Dealin' & Stealin'! Oh, & food.

07 November 2011


Saturday morning my sister and I were up early and ready to go junkin!

I LOVE THE FIRST SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH!

Why?

1/2 price day at the Goodwill.

Yeah, I shop there. I'm not ashamed.


Ready to be amazed? Watch and learn, my friends...


Scarf .75 - Black Old Navy Flats 2.00 - Leopard Target Flats 2.50
Nude Heel Apt. 9 3.50 - Glass Pyrex Measuring Cup .50 - Gym Bottle .50
White Basket 2.00 {Flea Market}


Lazy Susan 8.00 {Flea Market} - Wooden Serving Tray 2.00 {Flea Market}
Ugly Palm Tree Picture for DIY project 3.00


Target Gym Shorts 1.50 - Old Navy Skirt 2.00


White & Yellow Old Navy Shirt - Pink, White, & Red striped J Crew shirt -
Misc Pattern Jacket - White Old Navy Sweater - Red Sweater
Nude-ish & Coral Target Sweater
About $14 for all


American Eagle Corduroy Jacket 3.00 - Black Sweater Dress - 5.00


Red & White Pea Coat w/ liner 7.00 {Flea Market}
Red Flannel Coat w/ liner&hood NWT 7.00
Black Pea Coat w/ liner - 7.00


My sister got some great steals as well. Mostly projects for DIY things. We rang all of our stuff up together. Check out the total AND look at the total savings. BAM!


Also, OMG! Look at what I found at the Flea Market. I almost ran over my sister when I saw it. It was only .25 I want one so bad, but I wasn't sure if the little guy even worked. So, I didn't get him... I texted the picture to my brother and I'm almost positive he fell out in his chair laughing. Mom got us all one for Christmas one year and they would talk to each other. Mine was way cuter then this one though, it was purple and tye die! For my close knit friends who know the joke: 'Yuuuuuum!'


Also, over the weekend I got to babysit my sweet little Simba, as my parents went away to a cabin for the weekend! I mean, his is precious, right?


After we did our junkin' we ran by Hobby Lobby so I could get something for my DIY project {post coming tomorrow} and we pulled in the parking lot-which is massive-and she said "Why are they so BUSY?!" and I said, "Pinterest".


The rest of my weekend consisted of lounging around moms once they got home. We watched the new Lifetime Movie The Pastor's Wife. I love any movie that's 'Base on a true story'. This one was and it was so good! I can't believe it happened in TN either! Crazy!


Also, I met my goal and ran 20 miles in one week. Which for me, is a lot. I was really bad and rewarded myself with fast food. I haven't had fast food in over 7 weeks {besides Subway} so what a treat it truly was! Heavenly really.


Then, I treated myself even more, oops. Actually I grazed ALL day, but we won't go into food confessions. Mom was heating up chocolate to make peanut clusters and I saw this recipe on the back and threw a few more ingredients in it and MAN oh man. These were to. die. for.



Plantation Crunch

Ingredients:
1 block of chocolate {Almond Bark}
1 cup of peanuts
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups of crispy rice cereal

Directions:
1. Melt chocolate and peanut butter together
2. Add cereal and peanuts in a bowl
3. Pour mixture over and stir
4. Pour onto wax paper and let harden
5. Break away and enjoy!



You should see it spread out...it looks like a pile of cow manure. Dad came in and asked if Jax pooped on the table. Really dad? Anyways, me and mom definitely realized where it got it's name from! ;)

Speaking of recipes...does anyone have anything not-so traditional, simple, and yummy for a good Thanksgiving side? Since I am officially an 'adult' and married I have to start taking dishes to my mawmaw's. I don't mind at all, I just want to bring something different and good. Any suggestions?! I want it to be a side though, not a dessert. Help me out friends! :)

6 comments:

  1. hahah can't believe you got a furby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the goodies from the goodwill!!! I need to start shopping at our local thrift stores! I used to with my Mom was she was still buying my clothes for me, and I remember how amazing the clothes and deals were!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Lucky! It's been a while since I last thrifted. If I promise to be on my best behavior will you take me with you next time? Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM ALSO A GOODWILL SHOPPER AND LOVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW on your finds!! I can't believe of the amazing pieces you found! And that dog is soooo adorable and definitely reminds me of my Brutus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible amount of awesome finds you got!! I love it all. Haha. I used to be obsessed with my furby when I was little! And that plantation bark looks amazing.

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth
    http://organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

SLIDER