Pages

X-Rays, an accident, and a new/old love!

08 December 2011


So, a little bit of catching up.

Sunday my foot was throbbing and hurting worst then ever, so Monday morning I made an appointment and went to see the doc. I wasn't swollen on the outside at all, but he said he could tell there was swelling on the inside. He sent me on my way with instructions to go to the hospital on post {I'm lucky and get to go to the new Clinic in Gateway :)} and he sent me off with steroids.

Monday afternoon I left work a tad early to get my X-ray done. Got it done and had to request a disc to take to the Podiatrist. {Once my referral goes through, I will be able to go see them-hopefully it will be tomorrow!} So, no word yet. Tuesday I woke up and my foot was feeling GREAT! But...it's back to not feeling so well... Great news though! My doc said I could do the elliptical, bike, swim, and lift weights. Can't stop me!

So, Brandon went with me to get my X-rays done. When we were leaving the hospital we pulled up to a stop light. As we were sitting there someone hit us from behind. I mean, nailed us! Then we slid into the person in front of us. Awesome. It was pouring rain and pitch black out. Great end to my great day, huh? So...we all pulled over, Brandon got out to see if everyone was ok and the person in the back, who caused it all...his phone was laying on his floorboard and on. I'll let you figure out what happened on your own.

Luckily, there was no damage for the person in front of us, or the front of our car, but unfortunately my bumper is a little dinged up. And the bottom of my trunk is caved in. Luckily, I work at a Honda dealer so I know my baby will be taken care of just fine! :)



Just keep swimming...

Friday morning when Brandon and I were off we started our morning at the gym. Even though I was hopping along with my gimpy foot, I realized something I could do for cardio....an old favorite of mine...swimming! I used to swim laps all the time, before I became obsessed with running. So, Friday morning that's what I did! I didn't keep track of my laps, but I'm guessing I probably swam 20-25. It was incredible to see how much my lungs had expanded and how strong my body has gotten since the last time I swam laps. I read online that the average person swimming laps for 30 minutes, burns about 300 calories. Which for me, averages out in my running calories! I burn about 300 calories running for 30 minutes depending on my pace. At the gym I go to we have an Olympic size pool, I did my research to see how many laps is a mile. 46 laps is 1/2 a mile. {Still doing my research not 100% sure.} I love gaining a new passion for working out. It's so easy to get bored with the same everyday routine! When I forced myself {literally} to be so into running, I did nothing but research running online, in magazines, books, etc. I'm ready to do that with swimming. I want to know everything I can about it. So, last night I swam 48. You think watching the treadmill clock tick is bad, Trying being exhausted at lap 20 and realizing how much farther you have to go! Oh, and keep in mind, you can't lose count in your head! Which is hard, especially when you are as ADD as I am. I was nonetheless completely pooped after my swim. Not to mention I lifted arms and did abs right before, so my arms are a little sore today. Maybe the whole reason God jacked my foot up is to give my body a rest from running and to remind me how much I love swimming?



Now...who can take me here to swim some laps? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIDER