Pages

Housewarming Party!

09 August 2012



Sunday, August 5th Brandon and I hosted a 'Drop In' Housewarming Party to open up our new home to all of our closest friends & family! We were so thankful for everyone who was able to come out and see our new home! And for the gifts-that we were totally not expecting.


The theme of the party was very casual. We wanted to keep it simple. I came up with an idea of cardboard boxes...like moving boxes! So we had neutral colors with a hint of pastel yellow, that 
I grabbed from the invites I made.


The party through pictures...


Front of postcard invite


Brandon and I ready for the party!



We decorated the mantle with 'before and after' pictures. Before in gray and after in sepia. Brandon made me the sign on top of the mantle that says, 'Out with the old... In with the new!'

Food table!

Moving boxes!

Delicious almond cupcakes {Thanks, sis!}


Drinks; lemonade and water

Front porch

Presents!
P.S. -Brandon I love you because you let me do all the unwrapping like a spoiled brat!

Mawmaw's nice wrapping job. Think she is trying to hint at something? ;)

Love my thoughtful friends who remembered our son Jax!
Thanks Kelly & Fran! ;)

Love our new mugs! Not a coffee drinker, but can't wait for hot chocolate in the winter! {Thanks, Kelly!}

Love this sweet handmade gift from our friend Katie! Different pictures of objects that spell out our name, Forbes. Still haven't decided where to put it, but I'm sure we will soon! {Thanks, Katie!}

We got many Kirklands gift cards. It's a known fact we LOVE that store! Hence my excitement!

A funny card from mom.. A sand castle on the front and it said 'Congrats on finding your dream home!'

Mom & Dad got us new dishes! We were so thrilled! We have dishes, but they were a little older, once that Brandon had from his single man days. Plus I dropped a plate in the dishwasher once and it broke...Oops!

Unwrapping!


Love 'em!
They're circle, but square, and have that lip for 'Amanda Spill Proof' & off white!








6 comments:

  1. Soo cute!!! You did a great job with the party decor!!! Congrats again on your new place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda!!!! OMG I love everything you did for the party! It looks so cute! The cupcakes are adorbs and the mantel is perfect! I can only imagine what Christmas will be like in that charming house! Invite me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie! Me casa es su casa!! {Is that right? Ha!} Come on whenever ;)

      Delete

SLIDER