Pages

Spontaneous Saturday!

21 August 2012


Saturday morning I woke up early and was out the door for a run. A good 2 1/2 miles. It was such a crisp cool morning, which is the first one we've had in a long time! It felt great running at that temperature. Better then the 85-100 degrees I've been used to!

With nothing at all, besides a family dinner on the agenda, we headed to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I love tea! The Earl Grey Tea there is the best with some honey and splenda. Yum!


For the past several days I had been searching the net looking for a new bag. Unfortunately, 15 different stores later, I still had nothing. Over breakfast I was explaining that one day I was just gonna have to make a trip up to Nash to find one. As we were finishing up breakfast Brandon said, 'I wanna ride go karts.' I said, 'Yeah! That'd be fun! Too bad the place we had here shut down.' We paid for breakfast and was out there door when Brandon said, 'Hey Babe, let me throw this idea at you...Let's go up to Nashville, ride so go karts, eat some lunch, and then stop in a mall and try to find you a bag and it can be your birthday present.' Uh YEAH! Perks to not having kids yet, right? So we ran home, got ready, and were out the door!

So excited! We're five year olds.


We went to Grand Old Golf by Opryland Hotel 
for some Putt Putt and Go Karts!


This course is so fun around ponds and up a hill to a water wheel with a building beside it! Luckily fall is on it's way so it wasn't scorching hot outside. It was actually bearable!


After putt putting we hit the go kart track! Talk about fun! I ended up with the slow car, boo. And guess first? Rounded the first corner and BAM! Brandon crashed into me and I was stuck and the guy had to come help me out! Rude, Brandon. I'll get you next time...


Brandon beat me in putt putt, as well. But next time, I'll get him! 


After the fun we headed to eat some lunch at Outback. It had been a long time since I've been there but I got an awesome grilled chicken flatbread sandwich. It was delicious! After we eat we went to Opry Mills. Walked and walked and walked and went in all the stores. Found nothing. :( But then we passed a leather outlet that Brandon suggested we go into. I thought, nah, initially because I figured it had nothing but the tassel purses and cowboy boots. We walked in and there it was. The bag I had been looking for, for weeks! Nude, cross body strap, shoulder straps, multiple pockets, and ... huge! I was in heaven. Until I looked at the price tag. Frowning at the $140 price tag Brandon walked up and said, 'There it is, huh?! It's got everything.' I showed him the price tag and said, 'Never fails. Even at TJMaxx I always pick up the ones with the stupid security sensor.' I have never been one to pay a lot of money for a purse, shoes, clothes... To me, it's silly...but to each their own! So then we realized that there was a sign on the table that said; ORIGINALLY: $140 SALE: $39.99! SOLD :D I was so excited! Sometimes I forget how awesome Opry is. I love that it's an Outlet Mall! I have got to get up there more often! So, the bag {& a few other bday items I got} is wrapped up until my big birthday weekend, which will be in September. DYING to wear it, but it will definitely make me more grateful for it when I do have it!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you & Brandon had tons & tons of fun! & what in the world is earl grey tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share share share!! What store was the bag in?! I am looking for the exact same bag, and we have an outlet mall near my house. It's worth a look to find a $140 bag for $40! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in the Wilson Leather Outlet! Awesome store!

      Delete

SLIDER