Sunday October 21, Me, Fran and a couple other girls from our Community Group headed to Nashville for The Color Run! We signed up MONTHS ago. Had to, or we never would have been able to participate, because it sold out so fast! Such an awesome experience. And thanks to a zip lock bag, I have pictures to prove it! ;)
Here's my race packet and all my race goodies. Considering the race was only $35, we got a lot of stuff! A shirt, bib, wrist band, sweat band, tattoo, and color packet to throw off at the end. And there's the cute tutu I made!
This is Fran and I before! All nice, clean, and white!
Brandon and I <3
The girls! All pretty in our tutu's. {It was freezing!}
Here we are in the crowd at the first shoot. Every 15 minutes they would let a group of people start. So thankful we were there early in the first shoot. There were still people starting when we were done and leaving the race! There were 15,000 people there. WOW!
In the first shoot ready to go!
At every 'K' they throw color on you. The color was actually powder in old school ketchup dispensers! Pretty neat but disgusting to taste and spit out. Here we are running up to our second color which was orange.
Top Left: Color packets that were thrown out.
Bottom Left: Fran and I after the first color, which was yellow. You can barely tell but I have a gold tooth.
Right: Me all colored up after!
This was running up to our last color, blue!
Got a pretty awesome video of me and Fran running through the blue!
All of us at the Finish Line! So fun!!!
In the crowd at the Finish Line!
After! Colored in...color!
Sadly/Thankfully...it all washed out! I wish it wouldn't have washed out of my shirt and headband, but glad it washed out of my shoes! :) Definitely an awesome experience and 'Fun Run'! When I called mom and dad after... mom said, 'Did you win?!' No... Haha! Then dad said, 'What place did you come in?' Love my supportive parents. The thing about the color run is, it isn't even timed and I tracked it on my app and it wasn't even a full 5k. It was only 2.74 miles. So, if you're looking for a fun race to do with your friends, this is definitely it. No pressure at all. There was a girl in a wedding dress, some crazy neon wigs, a guy in a white oompa loompa looking zip up suit! Would I do it again? ...Not sure. If it was with a bunch of friends, yes. But, if not...no big deal. I did it and it was fun!





hehe love the outfits!!
ReplyDeleteAw you looked cute!!
ReplyDeleteBAHAH! The last pic of you is hilarious! Good work!! :) Looks fun :)
ReplyDeleteI love the tutu! I have done two Color Runs so far (NYC & Boston) and loved them both.
ReplyDelete