When the hubs is gone, I love nothing more then sending him a box of things that I know will make him smile. Whether it's homemade treats, snacks, toys, things to keep him busy in his spare time or just a bunch of junk! :)
When I start with a box, these are the things I do...
First I send things that I think he may need. Anything that maybe he left behind, stock him up with his special hair goop, load up an iPod with new songs for the gym, Muscle Mags, etc.
Then I get creative. I go to the toy section, hit up the dollar tree, go to the junk food isle and dig in! It's always so much fun loading up the buggy with treats for him!
Then I get a box, tape, wrapping paper {the brown cardboard color craft paper}, and a black sharpie and get to work!
In each box I organize it perfectly.
I layer it in order that I want him to see it and write little notes on each thing.
The snake? That's sneaky. He's been with us since our first vacation. He's been to Miami, Virginia Beach, a surprise guest at Our Wedding, Jamaica, Iraq, Etc. He goes everywhere with us, because he's sneaky the snake. So I had to send him to Brandon!
See those oreo dunkers? I opened the package and on each one I wrote either a verse for him to look up or a line from our vows. He said that meant so much to him to look forward to and eat one each day and read what I had written on the oreo pouch!
I also sent him a mini nerf gun! One of my friends husbands was gone with Brandon as well, so she sent him the other nerf gun so they could have a war! :)
As you can see I sent him a few Muscle Mags. Well it wanted Brandon to pick who was sexier on page 144. How bout no? Kay, thanks!
Can't forget his bible, some yummy trail mix, a homemade muffin from mom, hair goop, his favorite flossers.
His favorite sour gummies, a journal, and of course some letters and pictures from home!
Last minute, when he was gone on this last trip, I got another opportunity to send Brandon a box.
I hit the dollar tree and got lots of stuff to send!
Yummy treats, all his favorite!
Some little army men {haha!}, toys, toys, and some more toys.
And since it was around Halloween time I got these two masks!
In this box I also sent 7 little letters wrapped up individually. Out the envelopes they were each labeled a day of the week. I specifically remember a few...
Monday-Monday was my favorite. It was a 'Once Upon A Time' story of how he got called to save the kingdom, while he left behind his princess and loyal spotted companion. And of course it ended with how he saved the day and came back and they lived happily ever after.
Tuesday & Thursday-Both of these days were special prayers that I wrote out how I would be praying for him for two specific things. I remember one was about strength to get through being in an unfamiliar place last minute and to be strong and get through the deployment with flying colors being the driven man I know he is.
Friday-Friday was about how we always have date nights on Fridays. I named 5 dates that I planned out for us to do when he got home, and gave him 5 blanks to fill out and think of dates, too!
Although deployments are no fun, I always love being able to send over surprises. Knowing the smile that he'll have when he opens the box-was because of me, makes me so happy! <3
Awe that is so sweet to do! I love the idea :)
ReplyDelete