Yes, the Forbes family has extended by one. Even though, I know that this Christmas MANY of you were wishing for a baby, sorry! We've extended by four little spotted paws! About three weeks before Christmas I started talking to Santa about a puppy. I mentioned how Jaxon is so trained and well behaved that he needs a friend to play with! When we do decide to have a baby, as bad as I hate to say it, Jax will be put on the back burner. Well, while he is back there it would be perfect to have a friend for him to play with! Plus I've heard several times that the perk to getting a pup, after you already have a trained dog.. is that the pup will follow their older sibling around and catch on to things pretty quick.
I love Brittany Spaniels. That's what Jax is. They're so well behaved and long to be praised by their owners. Of course, it's all in how you train and raise them. I like to pat myself on the back when I say that I did most of it. Brandon was in and out on training trips, so he was with me for most of his puppy days. I always wanted a dog that was good and listened. We got one!
A friend of ours has an Australian Shepherd. She is such a good dog and acts very similar to Jax. When I started researching dogs and realized that there is a 'Miniature' Australian Shepherd, I was sold! Since I knew we were going to get another inside dog, I didn't want to get a big dog, which Australian Shepherds are a pretty good size, so the mini was perfect!
Doing some research I found several dogs. I even emailed about one that I had found. I emailed twice and got no response, but I see why. :) One day at work I stumbled across Trig. It was love at first sight.
{Love his black patch on his eye!}
{Brandon says he has a black belt!}
So, I had bugged Santa about it over and over. I even sent the lady an email...without telling Santa. But, when he found out, he told me to email her back and tell her that we have to wait until after Christmas. So, I did. Sad day.
Christmas morning when I woke up I definitely did not expect to be getting Trigger. I definitely hoped, but didn't think I was. This is the last gift I opened. When I opened it, I looked up at Brandon with a huge smile on my face and he said, 'Whenever you want to go get him he's ours.' Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
So, yesterday Brandon and my dad drove 2 1/2 hours {one way} to go pick him up. I was bummed that I had to work, but thankful that my dad could ride with him. I was so excited all day waiting for them to get home! I got picture updates throughout the days. :)
Already loving his grandpa!
'Hey mom! I'm on my way!'
'Mom, check out my cool blue eyes!'
So sweet! :)
Rest stop!
While they were on their way back I swung by Walmart to get some last minute things for Trig.
Let the spoiling begin!
When Brandon got back into town he brought him to see me at work. I was so excited!
Look at that sweet face. He is definitely a Forbes!
From work he rode home with me :)
Trigger is black, white, gray, and has a little tan on him too. His right eye is bright blue and his left is half blue and half green. He has one mustache, just like his big brother Jax and has a patch on his right eye. And he is SUPER fluffy! He weighs 8lbs and 11oz and will be anywhere from 30-40lbs full grown.
Love my new little guy!
'Hey mom!'
Wore out from his long day!
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of him and Jax yet, but they are already best buds! Jaxon was so excited when he saw them and they have been playing so good together. We already knew that Jax is great with puppies, other dogs, and babies too-as we have tons of play dates all the time! Last night they played together and Jax even shared his bone.
The first night was rough. Not even gonna lie about it, it was not very fun! I am extremely exhausted today, but that comes with the territory. Before we know it he will be just as well trained as Jax!



Awww congrats on the new addition!! He is adorable!!! Puppies are soo much fun!!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck with your new puppie, I know he will do well just like his brother. :0) Aloha Myra
ReplyDeleteSOO cute!!!
ReplyDeleteTrigger is such a cute new addition. I just love the little guy :)
ReplyDelete