After getting the wonderful news from the Army of a delay, my Saturday schedule got completely blown. Instead of spending the morning picking up the hubs from deployment, I spent it at the Goodwill for 1/2 price day! Nothing like a little retail therapy at incredibly low prices to get me in a better mood.. right?! And man, did I get some therapy. I hit jackpot after jackpot.
Everybody asks me what my secret is. I really don't have a 'secret', but I'm happy to share my game plan and tips! Before I go to Goodwill, I have a plan ready when I walk in the door because #1 I hate shopping and #2 The 1/2 price day is first come first serve. You wanna get through the store as fast as possible.
Tips before you go:
-Think about your closet and/or what you really NEED to find.
-Think about the order you want to go through the 'easy to dig through' racks: shoes, accessories, dresses, jackets, home decor. {Those are my easy racks}
-Then think about the 'not so easy' to dig through and which order you want to go to those in: pants, shorts, shirts, tanks.{My tough racks}
Heads Up! Pants and shorts are a nightmare at the Goodwill. Depending on the brand I can seriously wear anything from a 2-10. It's crazy. I hate digging through pants because pants are just hard to fit in anyways! If you are the same way, I recommend that to not be the first place you go. You will be there forever. And let's be honest, unless you really luck up, they only have the stone wash jeans from the 70's. It's not likely that you will find those cute pastel skinny jeans that are in right now.
Other Tips:
-Get there at 8:02. At 8:02 everyone has gone inside and gotten a buggy and you can just walk right in the door. But don't get there a minute after 8:05 or you won't have a buggy.
-Be prepared to dig. If you don't like to dig, don't go. If you don't have the patience to wait in line and try on clothes, don't go. You won't have any success and you won't find anything.
-You will have SEVERAL vulchers staring into your buggy, not wanting to share the aisles, and looking at everything you take off the rack and pick up. Just smile and move on. This is a first come, first serve type deal, so if you picked it up first, it's yours.
Yes, I look through the pj and underwear racks. {And don't turn up your nose either!} I do NOT buy used, gross. But, do you know how many times I have found Target pj shorts or sports bras that came straight from the store and have never been worn? Target always sends their stuff that doesn't sell. Hence the beautiful pair of brand new Target red pumps I got there a few months ago that still had the tag on them. $10!
This trip and all my other recent shopping trips have been a tad different. I'm having to shop with a belly in mind. Which, isn't too hard with the styles that are out today. Here's what I found!
In order right to left:
Banana Republic Dress, Soprano {Nordstrom} Dress, Target Dress, Kohls Dress
Cato, Charlotte Russe, Aeropostale
Target & GAP
American Eagle, Aeropostale, Target, Target, and Nike
JC Penny brand, Rack Room brand, and Dillards
His and hers ice cream mugs and a cupcake tower!
So to recap, I got all of this for, drum roll please, $51. Score!
And yes, we have already put our mugs to use. Cheers!


Those are great steals! Ours doesn't get great stuff but we are in a small area!!
ReplyDeletePop by my blog for a cance to win a great giveaway!!