Baby Bennett Update
28 Weeks!
How far along? 28 Weeks
Total weight gain: 21 lbs. Normal is 30-35 so I'm right on track!
Maternity clothes? Still wearing mostly regular clothes, but definitely the belly band some days and stretchier shirts.
Stretch marks? Zero! {Right now-knock on wood!}
Sleep: Sleeping very good!
Best moment this week: We've had several best moments this week. Got an ultrasound yesterday to measure Bennett and we got to see his sweet little face! Uncle Michael and {soon to be} Aunt Kristina got to see Bennett at the ultrasound apt. We felt Bennett hiccuping for the first time!
Miss anything? My clothes fitting. :)
Movement: Tons! Found out yesterday he is head down so those are his little feet kicking my ribs!
Food cravings: The usual.. watermelon and milk. {Not together!}
Anything making you queasy or sick: Uncooked meat.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Not yet.
Symptoms: Indigestion-every afternoon! I've been pretty tired this week. Crossing my fingers it's not the 'third trimester zombie stage' creeping in...
Belly Button in or out? In..but barely!
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Visiting Virginia Beach Family next week and showing off Bennett!
Other Baby Updates:
I checked a few things off my recent to do list this week. Whew! Feels good.
Got officially registered at the hospital. They're ready for us!
Got my glucose test completed. I still have the horrific bruise to prove it. Get it together Quest Diagnostics. One stick and one tube of blood drawn and you blow a vein. Geez! But, I passed. Woo hoo!
Mom and Dad have checked off a few things on their own to do list as well. Got the crib, swing, and glider ready for use! All they need is the grandbaby! :)
Jax had to check everything out and approve!
Yesterday we had our ultrasound and baby appointment! So exciting! My brother and his fiance are in town this weekend doing some last minute wedding planning for their wedding that is the end of August. They were planned to come in on Thursday afternoon. I told him that if they could be in town earlier that day, then they could come to the ultrasound and see Bennett. But, they weren't able to. :(
Then when we pull up to the ultrasound and walk up to the door I glanced over and saw a guy and thought 'Hey that looks like Michael' and it was! Then I saw Kristina recording in the other corner. Sneaky, sneaky!!! I had no idea they were even in town and had been here almost 24 hours at that time! Awesome surprise. I was so excited!
At the appointment yesterday we found out that Bennett is 2.9 lbs {right on track with the What To Expect app!}. He is expected to weigh in at a grand total of 7 1/2 lbs when he is born! Which is right around what Brandon and I both were when we were born. This is what he looks like now. Crazy to think that he was just a little tad pole baby 20 weeks ago.
Here's a picture of our growing boy:
Before I got pregnant I could never figure out what these pictures were. If you turn your head to the right you can make out his face. Still a little skeleton-ish and scary looking, but he's actually got some fat on his face now! Which he started gaining fat about two weeks ago and his skin is changing from clear {creepy} to a color! If you ask me, I'd say he's smiling at us in this picture. ;)
We recently got a Fire House Subs in town and we tried it out for the first time yesterday. Yum! Got the turkey bacon ranch and it was awesome. Definitely going back.
After lunch we got to swim for a bit! It was a beautiful, really hot day, but perfect for pool time.






aww u look so cute! so excited!
ReplyDelete