On August 11, 2012 Brandon and I decided that we were ready to start a family. That afternoon we went to TJ Maxx and stumbled across and porcelain elephant. When I saw that elephant, I knew that was what we would do the nursery in. Whether it be a girl or boy. Other things I had my mind made up on was white furniture (decided against that when Bennett turned out to be a boy) and for colors we had decided on gray and white with an accent color (picked baby blue!).
The 'pin' that stole my heart and gave me most of my Nursery Inspiration was this one:
I instantly fell in love with almost everything about this nursery! I knew that if it was a girl, I could easily add girly touches, and same if it were a boy.
It's very neutral and calm. Not cluttery. Down to the basics. Baby sweet. And Elephants! Plus it has about the same layout as our nursery.
Here are some of my favorite things:
We are not in any means decorating the nursery in exactly the same ways above, but there are several ideas that I did get from it that we plan on using. Slowly but surely the nursery is coming together. We still have a ways to go with decorating, etc. We have a few things, but for the most part I'm waiting patiently for our showers, as we aren't allowed to buy anything!
The latest news on the nursery is two DIY projects that we Brandon finished up.
(I can't breathe in spray paint right now.)
(I can't breathe in spray paint right now.)
We painted the Elephant that we got at TJ Maxx. It was an off white and had rust colored accents on it. We wanted it all white. We got a wooden 'B' at Hobby Lobby and painted that white as well and it will be hung up on the wall. It's getting exciting!






Featured you on my blog as my new favorite read for the month! Go check it out! Here's the link: http://busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com/2013/07/ready-for-round-up-july-2013.html
ReplyDelete-Simone