Pages

Nesting... On my face.

03 September 2013




A few weeks ago I came home with a big Target bag. Proud of my new purchases I showed Brandon a bag full of make up. He looked at me and said, 'What are you.. nesting on your face?' Funny. So funny Mr. Forbes. I did laugh though, because he's probably right!



Here's a few facts about me & makeup:
-I don't know a lot about make up.
-I don't like a lot of make up.
-I like my make up to look subtle and natural.
-I don't see the point in spending ridiculous amounts of money on make up.
-I don't have time to stand in front of the mirror forever putting it on. Mainly because I have a lot of hair and have to deal with that mess too.



After doing some research on different blogs and Pinterest, I've found a few new make up items that I am loving! My make up is lasting until my work day is over at 5. {Which says a lot because I'm on the phone a lot with work and I know I touch my face more then I should.} It blends great. Doesn't look cake-y. My face actually looks brighter! And it doesn't feel heavy at all.  I thought I would share this with friends who also don't like to spend a pretty penny on make up, but still want it to look beautimous!

Here's what I use daily:


1. Merle Norman-Foundation Brush. Mom bought this for me a few years ago and I have taken great care of it. Love it and it puts my foundation on so smoothly!
2. Elf-Loose Powder Brush.
3. Elf-Bronzer and Blush Brush.
4. Elf-Stipple Brush {Highlighter}
5. Elf-Eye Shadow Brush

Brushes listed 2-5 I bought at Target. $1 & $2 a piece. Hello!




1. Neutrogena Skin Clearing Concealer- I've been using this about 4 months now. Instead of just a cover up, this also helps to clear up those awesome pregnancy blemishes. :)
2. Revlon Nearly Naked- This is awesome foundation for under $8 bucks! It truly lasts all day and matches my skin tone perfectly.
3. Maybelline Highlighter- This is new. I think this is what helps brighten up my face so much. Love it!



1. CoverGirl Trublend- Been using this loose powder forever. I can't get away from it. It's so light weight!
2. Covergirl Cheekers- Also been using this blush forever. It's great!
3. Elf Bronzer- {Not on Target.com} This is new as well. So far I'm liking it!
4. Elf Eye Shadow- {Not on Target.com} New and I LOVE it. Especially because it tells me where to put each section. ;) Love these natural colors.


1. NYC Pencil Eye Liner- Use this on my bottom lid and I have been rocking this since High School. It's .93 cents and that stick lasts forever.
2.  L'Oreal Double Extend- Found this mascara about a year ago. It's incredible and lasts FOREVER. Like days. But I wash my makeup, so...
3. Covergirl Line Expert- This liquid eye liner is awesome! It's easy to swipe on and is great!



The way I learned to 'contour' is not from Kim Kardashian. Remember above, I said I like my make up 'subtle and natural'. And simple. I don't have time for this 9 step stuff. Anyways, I instantly looked up Kate's blog and see if she had posted anything about contouring and ta-da! I found something nice and simple. Check it out here: Contouring your face.


1 comment:

SLIDER