On the morning of September 13th I woke up to my alarm going off at 4:45. I actually got a great nights sleep, because the night before.. I didn't sleep at all!
For breakfast Brandon fixed me some oatmeal. I wasn't supposed to eat, oops. I didn't want to go without eating at all, so I kept it bland.
On the way to the hospital I was extremely nervous and really excited. My stomach was in a million knots and my heart was beating out of my chest. It felt so surreal driving to the hospital to have a baby. And I was so glad to be sitting beside Brandon. I knew no matter what.. I was in good hands with him by my side. I was shaking I was so nervous and Brandon grabbed my hand and we said a prayer together. After that I chilled out some.. until we got there. Then we finally arrived. After a 10 minute drive that felt like 6 hours.
The moment we walked in as two and would leave as a family of three!
We got there and checked in then rode the elevator to the third floor of the hospital to the Maternity Ward. We were told to pick up the phone and let them know that we had arrived. So, I was wondering on the way up... 'What do you say? Hi we're here!' Brandon picks up the phone and says, 'Weeee're here to have a baby!' Haha
They let us in and we walked to the nurses station to get checked in. 1 month ago I was walking around this floor getting a 'tour'. I could not believe it was finally time to be there.. for real.. to have a baby!
7:30am - Checked in to our labor and delivery room and ready to do this!
My cheerleaders...
Brandon and Mom
My niece Sammie. And my sister behind the camera.
Cheese! Doesn't my hair look great?! Got it done the night before. ;)
Playing the waiting game...
Somehow this sign got put up in the room...
I LOVED my nurse Donna! She was incredible! She helped make this experience so wonderful.
Our room number
Bennett's heart beat and my contractions.
Tangled up potty break. My face was flushed majority of the day from my blood pressure being a little high. Due to nerves and pain, obviously. Last baby bump picture. :)
My Aunt Belinda stopped by to cheer me on!
Mine and Bennett's biggest fan... My older sister Stephanie!
The warmer all ready for Bennett!
Bennett's hat and blanket waiting for him..
Mom helping coach me through my contractions...
I had a great support system that whole day!
11:30am - Contractions were extremely painful and I was over them. Ready for the epidural! By this time I was starving. So hungry. All I could think about was Chick Fil A. I probably said I was hungry.. 100 times through out the day.
12:00pm - Got the epidural and I was all smiles again! It was amazing. I could not feel a thing! I wanted to go natural, or try at least, but whew. Those contractions are no joke. Congrats to all the women that can do it! Not me!
My friend Kelly came by to cheer me on! And she brought me and Bennett some treats.
And hand sanitizer for snuggles!
3:15 Dr. Johnston came in and said I was dilated to a 10. Ready to go! It happened so fast. I figured I wouldn't have been ready until that night! Ah! I was so nervous but ready to get this show on the road so I could eat! I was beyond starving by then. My oatmeal was gone! And the cup of ice I was allowed to get every 30 minutes, wasn't hitting on much.
Through out the day mom journaled everything that happened so we would have it to look back on. So glad we did it.
10! Let's do this!!
And then the fun part began...


I love how she wrote it down for you & Brandon too keep as a little keepsake of the current events @ exactly the moments each happened! I love his Birth Story :)
ReplyDeleteAw love this!! Love the journal your mom kept up with! Good idea!
ReplyDeletelove it!!! dont leave us hangin too long!! LOL
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely LOVE all the pictures!! I hope I remember to think getting all those pictures when I have a baby (in the future, or course, ha!) You look so calm in all your pictures! Can't wait to read the rest of the story!! :)
ReplyDelete