Pages

Christmas Eve 2013

26 December 2013




Oh Christmas. This year you were so different then all of the past years. 
Mine and Brandon's very first Christmas was spent on two different continents. It was while we were dating and he was deployed. Our second Christmas was spent together! We were married and in a little house that we rented. Talk about fun. Just the two of us and puppy Jaxon. Newlywed Christmas. Our third Christmas was in our new house. I was two days pregnant. Ha! Obviously had no clue. That was fun as well. It was in our home that we had just bought that summer. 

This year marks our fourth Christmas together. Wowzas! This year we had two new additions. Our pup Trigger and our baby boy Bennett. There was 5 in the Forbes home this year!


As always on Christmas Eve I worked half a day {Boo} and then was off to spend the day with the family! On Christmas Eve my mom and dad, my sister and niece, and my brother and his wife come over for secret santa, white elephant dirty santa, and finger foods and games! Fun, fun times. Always!

Sad to say that being a mommy of a baby with reflux can be challenging. The constant gas pain cries, and constant spit up and eating every two hours from all the spit it... whew. Like I said...challenging. So, the last thing on my mind was my phone and taking pictures.. which I am usually so good at capturing moments. Luckily my siblings were there to save the day! 



Christmas Eve morning. Brandon brought Bennett down nakey. Look at that face. 'Mom that is not milk.'


That morning Bennett went to Aunt Stephanie's while I worked and Brandon did some last minute Christmas errands and chores getting ready for everyone to come over! Little stud muffin in his stripes!


The boys were so excited and ready to celebrate Christmas!

Recharging


 Hanging out with Nana 


The one second I had him in his santa suit. He was adorable. Major fit thrown. Thanks Aunt Stephanie for the picture!


Aunt Stephanie brought over the Santa Sack!


Mom and Dad enjoying the calendar we made them. Filled with pictures of all of us from this past year. They loved it. 


My Secret Santa-Kristina got me my first Scentsy. Love it!

The funny story about this plate is...
This was a white elephant gift that Stephanie brought at my memaw's earlier in the week. Well, someone stole it from me and I was kind of upset about it! Stephanie said, 'If I knew you wanted it so bad I would have just gave it to you..' I unwrapped one Christmas Eve night. Thanks Steph. <3

Bennett's First Christmas ornament. The back of it has his name on it!


Aunt Stephanie brought Bennett a crawl ball. This thing is awesome! He loves it!!!



Then we played some Minute To Win It Christmas Games. Talk about a fun, hilarious, loud time!





Every Christmas Eve we do a PJ swap. This year we had someone new to join us. ;)



After we put Bennett down and the house was still Santa came and put out the stockings and we sat in the quiet grateful for another year and for everything that God has blessed us with. It was a beautiful moment. This time next year we will be putting together toys and installing batteries. Yee haw! That's when the real fun will begin!



1 comment:

  1. What a sweet Christmas!!!! Love the tree and baby B is so big!!!

    ReplyDelete

SLIDER