Yes, I do realize it's February. But to catch up on my blog for memory purposes I've gotta talk about 2014 as a whole.
J A N U A R Y:
Brandon retired from the Army and came home to be a full time daddy!
F E B R U A R Y:
Attended our first AdvoCare Leadership Event + President's Party
M A R C H:
I joined Brandon and we became a work from home family. Brandon & I were invited to an invite only Leadership Training at AdvoCare called No Limits. Spark Fountains!
A P R I L:
We transitioned and adjusted into our new lifestyle of working from home.
M A Y:
Brandon and I celebrated 3 years of marriage on our first AdvoCare all inclusive incentive trip at The Greenbrier + Brandon turned the big 3 0!
J U N E & J U L Y:
Enjoyed the sweet summer months and everything they had to offer.
A U G U S T:
I turned 26! {Eeek!} We enjoyed our Sheppard family vacation for the first time in several years + a surprise trip to Universal Studios for my birthday!
S E P T E M B E R:
We celebrated Bennett's 1st Birthday. Cake smash was a success!
O C T O B E R:
We took Bennett to the pumpkin patch for the first time + experienced our first trunk or treat with Grace!
N O V E M B E R:
God blessed us with the opportunity to become parents again! Forbes party of 4!
D E C E M B E R:
Brandon and I spent the holidays together, designing life on our terms without missing moments!
It's so incredible to me looking back and seeing how much has changed in just one year. You think a year goes by fast. 365 days. 'Oh one more year is gone!' I'm just stunned at how much truly changed for our family in one whole year. In 2014 I had the joy of watching Brandon grow so much. As a dad, as a husband, as a christian and just overall as a person. I watched him change from someone who liked to work, come home, sit down and watch tv and go out and have a good time.. to a man who simply wants more for his family and who wants to help others at any given moment.
For me, I really left 2014 with a few key things:
-I grew, just as Brandon did, so much as a person. Reading, listening and studying leadership books and constantly plugging into sermons. I grew day by day.
-I learned how to become more. For myself, my family, my business. Instead of focusing so much on 'What's in it for me' and tuning into how I can help and serve others. Disconnecting from tv shows and connecting to PEOPLE and their dreams.
-I read a book called, 'The Top 10 Distinction from Millionaires and Middle Class.' That book changed my life. It taught me to stop talking about people and start talking about ideas. Stop worrying about today and tomorrow and to look into the future; 10, 12, 15 years from now.
-I learned from AdvoCare's CEO that living life based upon VALUES and not valuables can change your everyday.
I'm eager to see what opportunities God brings for our family in 2015!
I'm eager to see what opportunities God brings for our family in 2015!
No comments:
Post a Comment