Pages

Bennett Lane / 18 Months

22 April 2015


18 months = 1/2 Birthday!




Now that Bennett is 1 1/2.. I don't like that. It makes him sound like a big boy, so let's rephrase that..

Now that Bennett is 18 months he's grown so much! I can't believe how smart he is, how much he's learned, how big he is, seeing his personality take shape and come to life, learning what he likes and doesn't like, hearing him copy every. single. thing. It's so incredible!

We celebrated your 1/2 year birthday with a cupcake from Nerdy Bird!



L I K E S:
-To brush his teeth. He said, 'Ahhhhhh' and opens his mouth wide. 
-When I say 'Want to go see Nana & Papa?' He runs to the front door because he thinks they're here.
-Playing in the dog food bowl & throwing the food. 
-He shakes his drink cup like how we shake our Spark.


V O C A B U L A R Y:
At this point he is copying every single thing we say, but these are the main words he started out with

-Mama & Daddy
-Chicken
-Mimmie 'Mickey'
-Dadgum 
-Doggy
-Nana & Papa
-Eat
-Snack
-Drink
-Trig
-Baby
-Aubey 'Aubrey'
-Apple
-Truck
-Tractor
-Duck
-All gone
-Bath
-Teeth
-Orange
-Go go!!!
-Up

D I S L I K E S:
-Plain meat
-Going from the car to inside the house from the garage because he can't get on the 'tractor' (lawn mower)
-Not being able to go down/up the stairs by himself.


Some sweet moments from 1 year - 18 months.


Probably my favorite candid photo of you. The innocence. This picture reminds me that you look to me everyday for everything. In the midst of chasing after you for playing in the dog bowls, enduring bopody over and over and over, changing what feels like at times a hundred diapers a day, accepting the long whiney days of skipping nap time or painful teething... There is nothing better then knowing that I am your mom, you are my son and truly a gift from God. I love every moment and everything about it.


You are my alarm clock! I love the ability to design our days. Your dad goes and gets you out of your crib and brings you straight to our bed. From there you roll around and waller, giggles, give away as many kisses as I ask for and play around with the dogs.


Daily snuggles with daddy are a must. 


Bed and dimples. Every morning!

"He'o?"


Big man at the pumpkin patch. This was such a FUN day watching you explore.

Our little monster!


The many faces we see everyday!



A year and a half already.. I really can't believe it. It has truly been the best 18 months. My days are so much more meaningful because of you.

1 comment:

  1. Love this and the memories you share. He'll look back on this some day and know just how incredibly much he is loved. <3

    ReplyDelete

SLIDER