So... Once upon a time my hair was really, really, really long. Like Elementary and Middle School days. I cut it in high school and LOVED it. And I haven't grown it out ever since. I love having short hair, especially now that I am a mom! For the last 5+ years I've either had a stacked bob or was attempting to grow it out. I began searching long pixies on Instagram and found the cutest cut on this girl. I was like OMG. Who is this person because I need to see more pics of her hair. Turns out I did enough social media investigating (aka stalking) and found her on Instagram (onelittlemomma). I began stalking more closely to the point of straight up creeping on her hair and realized that she is a fashion & hair blogger. Crazy! A few hair videos, etc. I took a good 4 weeks before my appointment and finally pulled the trigger.
When my (amazing) hair stylist gave me a mirror to look at my hair after she cut it I was like, "OMG the picture is on my head." It was crazy. Hello. That's what I wanted, but it was still weird. So.. I left and cried. Like any woman would who got a drastic hair cut. Brandon was out of town which made things a little worse.
My "Here it is but I'm still not 100% confident in it" picture!
Fast forward two weeks. In. Love. I finally found my groove with fixing it. After washing it a few times and doing it myself. I finally figured out the right part, direction to blow drying it, dry shampoo, etc. And I bought earrings. I never wore earrings but now you can see them! Sometimes when I am around friends and they freak out because they forgot their earrings I didn't get it but they're a great statement piece.
After having a few cuts I still love it. I have continued to be able to tweak it here and there to make it just right for me. It was such a drastic difference but I love it. I am so so SO glad I did it. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it, but also a lot of "I wish I could do that" or "I wish I was brave enough" or I wish I could pull that off as great as you do". I think all of that is silliness. I am no different than anyone else. Even though I wanted to cry my eyes out and shave my head bald right after I left the appointment, I realized that it's just hair and it will grow! And 99.9% of the time it is twisted up because I am either chasing the kids around the house or working out. Haha!
Here's a few different angles of it!



Pretty (as always). :)
ReplyDelete