Thursday morning I woke up and showered and got ready to go to the hospital. Luckily Brandon was able to take the day off and get to see hands on how my surgeries go. Arrived at the hospital at 8:45 for pre-op. Got checked in then went to get my blood drawn and was sent back to my room. By then it was about 10:00. Surgery time was 12:00. Luckily I brought my laptop, coloring book, and my best friend so I had plenty of things to do to pass the time. 11:30 mom arrived. She brought things to do too, like the owners manual to her new car and a coupon book she bought that has coupons for Clarksville. So, first she started with the coupon book. Naming off restaurants and all of the great deals they had...from milkshakes to chili cheese dogs to predators tickets! Eventually I found myself thinking...YUM a hamburger, ohhh a milkshake! I want one of those. So, I'm like, "Mom, I'm starving...I haven't ate since 8:00 last night." And of course she continues to torture me...
So 11:50 the nurse peeks her head in to check and see how I'm doing. I say fine and ask, it's not going to be 12:00 is it? She tells me no and that there are still TWO patients infront of me. So I patiently sighed and turned my movie back on. By 3:00 the anesthesiologist finally came in and got me all ready to go. I told them about the games that I play while they put me to sleep. Most doctors say count back from ten, well I have done that plenty of times. First time I got to 8, the second time I got all the way through. The next time I did my ABC's and got all the way through {I think the nurses might have cheated...} Anyways, this time I didn't know what to do and I wanted to do something new, so Michael {my brother :)} told me to see how many fast food restaurants I could name. I thought, Oh hey! That'll be easy, I'll just go down Wilma Rudolph. So, while they were rolling me to my OR room I told them about the game, and told them to count how many I say. Once I got in the room and all plugged up, they told me to go. I remember getting out a few and then stuttering with ummm, ummm...and then LIGHTS OUT!
When I woke up I was in the all famous recovery room with beeping machines and a air tube in my nose. I pulled it out like always and asked the nurse where my pain button was. She told me I didn't have one-great! So amongst my super drugged up talk and scratchy throat {from the tube they put down it} I was trying to ask how many restaurants I named! Of course, she probably thought I was crazy...
They wheeled me back to my room where mom and Brandon were there waiting for me. As soon as they got me situated Brandon pulled out Charlie. Surprise! Also, I had my favorite treat ready for me too!
So...not sure how much of being in the room and waiting to leave do I remember, but then I was in the car and ready to go home.
What did they do this time?
4 cyst removals. 1 off the front of my neck. 1 off the top of my right shoulder. 2 off the top of my right leg. The one on my neck and shoulder have been stitched up. The ones on my leg are open about a quarter wide for one and a dollar coin size big for the other. Doctor's orders? Wet to dry dressings. Fun, fun! Hey, I'm being serious. Atleast no wound vac this time.
Yesterday I went to work and stuck it out till 3:00. Then I went home and rested. Brandon got home and I took a shower, finally. You know when you go camping and can't shower...and then you finally can? That's the kinda shower it felt like. After my shower was Brandon's first time packing a wound. And, well...he did an awesome job! Not to mention he had a great nurse showing him the ropes ;) I couldn't imagine doing something like this to someone that I love. It had to be tough. Mom was here with him the whole time. She did one as he watched and then he did the other all by himself. Of course the whole time I'm sitting there being ADHD me and playing words with friends, singing, and chatting. Gotta do everything I can to make him feel at ease and me.
For dinner mom and dad came over and we ordered Chinese! You think we would learn to not order so much food...
Currently I'm still numb. Which is a shocker. Not ready to be un-numb. My jaw, my cheeks, my ribs, chest, back, neck, and arms muscles are all sore. I felt like I could barely get out of bed this morning. Now, I'm on the couch. Here until...well, Brandon gets back from the gym and I can sneak to Walmart and hang out in a wheelchair! Keep me couped up in the house? Yeah right! It's bad enough I'm missing lake time. Atleast let me go to Walmart and ride around in a fun chair!
So time for a pain pill and time for a nap. Hopefully in the morning I will be feeling good enough to make it to Grace! Thanks all of my friends & family for the prayers. It truley makes a world of a difference knowing all the support I have. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment