Pages

Weekend Wrap up + February Photo Challenge

31 January 2012



Friday night we had date night as promised. Unfortunately due to what went on Saturday Morning, plans were changed. Brandon had date night planned to go eat dinner and then go to a couples night at Swirlz and paint this:

Sad it was cancelled, but I wouldn't have been able to make it through the class. We'll catch the next one!


So we changed plans to a dinner date and then going to mom and dads to spend some time with Simba.


Gotta love Target clearance for the cute outfit!


We chose some mexi and peach margaritas!



Saturday was a looooong day. Like, really long. Literally, the longest day of my life. I'm not being a drama queen either. Mom blogged a really sweet blog that is so in depth and in detail about our sweet little man that is in heaven now. Read about it on her blog: here.


Brandon had to take care of some bidness at work so I spent almost the whole day at moms laying around on the couch. Did a mask on my hair, did some laundry, painted my nails, and watched about 15 Lifetime Movies. Gotta love those days with mom. It the perfect day for it.
Essie-Go Overboard


Mom whipped up some Pumpkin Muffins. Yum! :)


Saturday night we ran to Kohls to spend our Kohls Cash we had. $40! Can't let that go to waste! We got 4 giant bath towels. Buy one, get one free. Booyah! And then we came home, lounged around with the boy, and watched how the Frito Lay Factory works...very interesting.



Sunday Morning we got up a tad early before church to make some pancakes. Yum! We finally got around to using the Buckwheat Flour we got from the Amish. All it called for was the flour and water. Threw some fruit & syrup on top and they were delish! And apparently super healthy.


Before Church :)


Sunday I watched 50 more Lifetime movies. Um. I found myself sitting there like, 'Hmm...this is strange. Don't I have something I could be doing?' NOPE! Aaaand then I ate some jelly beans and feel asleep. Woops! Woke up and I had a new washer downstairs. Thanks hubs :) Then Brandon took off to care of more work stuff, I scooped up Jax and we went to moms. More laziness.


We watched Paranormal Activity 3. Why? It's terrifying. I could hardly say. 'I watched it.' More like watched the inside of Brandon's arm.


For dinner I made the No Fuss Lasagna at moms.


For dessert we made our own Oreo Ice Cream! Deeelish!



On to Monday...

Ok, Bachelor. Who is watching the ridiculous show? We love it! See?

Fun Fact: I went to high school with Kacie B. I didn't personally know how, but she did go to my High School. Neat huh? Totally rooting for her. Courtney is far from 'winning' and needs to go ASAP.


For dinner I tried a new recipe, that I actually terribly messed up, and then made it into my own. Don't let the ingredients fool you, it's all stuff you have in your cabinets!

Tex Mex Chicken Bake


Ingredients:
2-3 chicken breasts
6 corn tortillas
1 pkg chicken rice {90 sec. is best!}
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded cheese
1 can black beans {drained and rinsed}
1 can mexicorn
1/2 cup taco sauce
3 tbs green chilies
1 tbs chili powder
1 tbs ground cumin
1 tbs basil
1 tbs black pepper


Directions:
1. Cube chicken breasts and boil until cooked thoroughly
2. Drain water and move to sauce pan. Mix in mexicorn, black beans, cooked rice, salsa, taco sauce, green chilis, and all spices. Let everything warm up on low for a few minutes. Then mix in sprinkled cheese.
3. Pour 1/2 of mixture in casserole dish then layer tortillas and top with remaining mixture.*
4. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.


*I topped mine with some sprinkled crushed red pepper and some lime juice!



Health Update:
Unfortunately the spot on my back that was stitched up, has come back open, so I am now packing a wound that I normally don't. Really? UGH!

On another note...I am thrilled, to say the least, that I get to go to the foot doc in ONE week! Next Monday it will probably be like Christmas Eve and I won't be able to sleep. I am beyond excited.



I know this blog is long, but I'm almost done.

For my fellow bloggers check out this neat post shared by Fran today!

Chantelle that blogs over at Fat Mum Slim is doing a February Photo Challenge and it looks SO fun!


Fran and I are both definitely taking the challenge! It starts tomorrow, so join us!

4 comments:

  1. dang girlie such a busy busy bee I see! I bet poor little baby Jax was one tired fur child by the end of it all... I seen most of the events on facebook already hehe but I swear I need to get back to blogging so I guess this is my attempt on trying for the new year bahaha...I see you have got on a healthy food diet wish I could but some of those things I could not eat if I tried. You would laugh at me because I would snarl my nose!But I am glad you all had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that food looks amazing. What a scrumptious weekend. I'm doing the February photo a day too! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am going to do the challenge as well!! You're killing me with all of this yummy food! Absolutely loooove your nails! Love your Target outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally loving the "target attire" . Very cute!
    & I'm going to go ahead and try the photo challenge! Fun!

    ReplyDelete

SLIDER