Father's Day 2012 was a very special day for the Forbes & Sheppard family.
Just like any other Sunday we got up, ate some breakfast, got ready and headed to church.
We attend Grace Community Church and this Sunday on Father's Day they had baptism going on. at Grace it's always open baptism. If you are feeling moved and are ready-you just jump on in! Jason Roy, our music pastor from Building 429, mentioned that during the worship in the beginning of the service.
During service Brandon leaned over, grabbed my phone, and in the notes section on my iPhone wrote, 'I think I'm ready...' And I said, 'for what?' And he said, 'To get baptized..' Brandon had been saved a few years ago, just never went through the steps of getting baptized. There's a reason for everything!
So all at once my heart sank, skipped a beat, and I had a flood of heat run all over me. I was definitely beyond excited, but I can't exactly put into words the emotions I was feeling at that time. Because, not only was he ready to get baptized-he wanted my dad to do it. Which-if you know our story-you know how special this was for the both of them.
Antsy for the whole rest of the service and smiling ear to ear we waited for Chad to finish up preaching. Once he was done preaching and praying we all got up and mom knew, but dad had no clue. When we walked out of the auditorium, I said to Brandon, 'Hey, tell dad he has no clue.' He walked up and said, 'I want to get baptized and I want you to do it.' I would like to believe the whole, 'men don't cry thing' but they do and in this moment they tear up.
Before the baptism...
Dunked! :)
All wet! Haha. No clothes to change into-because it definitely wasn't planned. Dad's pointing at his shirt because it says, 'This is what a cool dad looks like'. He picked a great day to wear it!
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
-Matthew 28: 19-20
After church Sunday we headed to mom and dad's to hang out on the patio. It was a great afternoon for hanging under the patio, letting jax run around, and do some grilling. Had a few random showers which helped to keep it cool. It was a great afternoon!
Even got to play some uno.
For dinner we grilled pork chops and had corncakes, squash casserole, potatoes, pinto beans,
and fried corn. Yum, ya'll! The perfect celebration dinner :)




Praise God! His timing is just SO perfect, isn't it?!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing such a special moment - what a testament!
I am sure that was a special moment for you all! & looks like you all had a great day all the way around...
ReplyDeleteThat is SO awesome! I'm really happy for the both of you being able to experience it together. Need I mention my love for some UNO?
ReplyDelete