Pages

Fall + Fall Wreath Tutorial

10 September 2012


You may have seen my post from last Monday where I linked up with 
 Well, I'm back to talk a little bit more about fall. I'm showing off some fall decorations in our new house AND sharing the Fall Wreath Tutorial of the wreath Brandon and I made. Yes, the famous fall wreath that everyone went nuts over on Instagram. {Follow me: amandaforbes}

In July I made a super easy Fourth of July Wreath. 
It was my first wreath I had ever made. I'd always wanted to make a wreath, but I guess finally moving into our first home I broke down and did it! I didn't go by a tutorial, I simply saw a picture, loved it, and made it!

Using the same idea from the Fourth of July Wreath, I headed to Hobby Lobby to buy the things to make this one! I wasn't sure what I wanted exactly, but I had a pretty good idea.

Below is what I got:
-Plain Wreath $4.99
-Two Different Fall Bouquets $9.99 {at 40% off}
-Unfinished Wooden Letter
-Extra Leaves {Left over from decorating last year}
-Glue Gun & Glue Sticks


Second, take everything off the stems and make piles of all the different types of flowers you have. Then start to decorate  your wreath however you want! BUT don't glue, yet! Just stick everything in place until you have it how you want it. 
{With the Fourth of July Wreath I spray painted my letter white, but this time-we just left it plain.} 
Once everything is in place hot glue it all down!
 I had a little help from the hubs. 
He's quite crafty and I always love his ideas and inputs!


Let the glue sit about five minutes and you're done!
Ta-da!


The bright orange definitely looks great against out black door.
Can't wait to get some mums so it will all match!


Fall hit our house last Wednesday night when I was cleaning. I couldn't resist, I was so excited to decorate in our new house! I love the oranges, reds, and yellows. It makes for such a warm atmosphere. :)

Some fall decor on the mantle. Sneaky got up there, I see... 
Got that cute towel at TJ Maxx. Two for $4.99. 
The pumpkin salt & pepper shaker we got on sale last year at Hobby Lobby when fall was over.

Some leaves and pumpkins upstairs in the bonus room on the TV stand.
A cute wooden pumpkin on the end table in the living room.
A little flower and leaves in the half bath!


Someone else in the house is excited about fall and Halloween too!


As far as cooking...hopefully soon I'll be making this Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Bread that
I found on Pinterest! 
It looks very much like fall, delicious, and healthy!


What are you excited for about fall? Got any new recipes or DIY projects you're going to try?



5 comments:

SLIDER