Pages

Four Day Vaca!

11 September 2012


This past weekend Brandon and I took a Four Day Vaca to spend some time together. It was much needed since we skipped our vacation this year to buy a house instead! We headed to Grand Rivers, Kentucky to an amazing little quiet and relaxing get away destination my parents found a few years ago. They go up there quiet often, so for one of my birthday presents Brandon surprised me and go us a three day-two night stay. 

Friday morning we started out vacation with some Protein Waffles!
{Recipe will be up tomorrow}

Brandon hit the gym, I did some Insanity, then we finished up packing, ate some lunch, dropped Jax off with mom & dad, and hit the road!


Packing. Such a love/hate relationship. I always pack way too much. 
Anyone else have that problem?



My ootd for the road trip.
Shirt: $3 Walmart
Shorts: $9 Kohls
Sandals: $11 Kohls
Belt: $6 Gap


Dropped off our baby! 
He was sad, but excited to spend time with Grandma & Grandpa!


Road Trip. Our road trips always consist of good music and mad libs!


We're here!!
There are turtles everywhere at this place! Not real ones, but stickers and figurines. Everywhere! 


When we checked in and got into our room I noticed this sign in the bathroom. I chuckled and had to take a picture. Those are some expensive towels!



This was our gorgeous view from our patio. I loved that there were doors from the living room area and from the bedroom too with a long porch! There were tons of boats and the clouds were breathtaking while we were there.


We bought an 8 in 1 puzzle kit from Toys R Us. Yes it's Disney, no shocker there. We're really getting into puzzles! They're a good way to spend time together. Of course I get a little competitive and try to get more pieces together then Brandon. ;)


Friday night we had date night at Patti's Settlement to eat. It was delicious! I love the little shops! They have the neatest stuff there. And the best food! Flower pot bread and huge steaks and pork chops!


I got pretty sad when I saw things like this... 
made my miss our baby!

But we did get several picture updates while we were gone. Jax watching TV and chasing birds.



He was even texting me!


Friday night after dinner we went back to the room in perfect time to sit outside on the patio and watch a thunderstorm roll in. It was so nice to sit outside, have some wine, a full belly from Patti's and listen to some Kings of Leon without a care in the world. No laundry to do, dishes to wash, nothing + a storm! God definitely planned that night out for us.


Saturday morning we got up, ate some breakfast, and played some Tennis out in the Tennis Court. We both suck. Really bad actually, but we had the funnest time out there! Luckily... no one was watching. We hope.


Then we walked around the Resort and found the private beach on the lake. I mean, look at this view. Fluffy white clouds and bright blue sky against the trees and blue lake.

So pretty!

It was windy. ;)


Then we went swimming. Just the two of us. Check out this slide! We went down every way possible. On our belly heads first, on our backs head first, together, you name it...we tried it! Fun times! I love being married to a big kid! :)


In our room Saturday afternoon we looked inside the TV stand. Hello... Jackpot! It was filled with these old school games! Uno, Dominos, Bottle Tops, Puzzles, and one favorite that we played Jitters! Have you ever played that game? It was so fun! Hopefully we can find it on Ebay. It was awesome!


Before dinner Saturday afternoon we walked around at Patti's some more and stumbled across this. We had to play. And I won. No surprise there! ;)


Date night two! Dinner at the Yacht Club!



 The Yacht Club was located in between some of the boat docks and on top of the water. There was a beautiful view at sunset. Perfect night for dinner!

We got a Mango Crab Spread for an appetizer and it was so delicious! I'm dying to find the recipe or something similar, because it was that good.


Sunday we came home early to get our son and he missed us so much! We went to moms that evening and I whipped up some dinner. I cooked the healthy taco chili recipe I have: Black Bean, corn, and Turkey Chili


Monday was our last day off. We spent it preparing food for the week, working out, and relaxing. I did my Insanity Fit Test. I have improved a lot in two weeks. It's so motivating! 
We watched a couple Pixar Movies..




And then we made an awesome new meal for dinner and dessert! If you follow me on Instagram you already know what they are. ;) Tomorrow I'll have 3 new recipes up for What I'm Loving Wednesday.


In honor of 9/11 I'd like to do a quick shout out. Thank you to all of the brave military men & women, policemen, fire fighters, etc. that spend their lives fighting for me and my family. Thankful for your sacrifices. So grateful and blessed to live in America.


& A special thanks to my own. I love you!







1 comment:

SLIDER