Pages

My Spaghetti Squash Experiment

12 March 2013



Well, I finally did it. A bit behind, but I finally made spaghetti squash. Baby Forbes sure does love carbs, so I had to pull out a trick! Doesn't it seem like pasta is with everything? Yes. Here's a great and easy alternative that I found!


How I did my spaghetti squash...

1. Stabbed it with a fork. All over. 
2. Sit it on a plate and microwave 5-10 minutes. 
3. Take it out. Be careful! It's hot!
4. Cut it in half.
5. Spoon out the seeds. 
{You can bake these like pumpkin seeds!}
6. Then take the spoon and start to shred!


I've read ways where you can microwave or bake it in the oven for 30-45 minutes, but... ain't nobody got time for that!

After I got it all out I put it in a pan to make my dish. This is a recipe I threw together!


 Turkey Sausage and Peppers on top of Spaghetti Squash 

Ingredients:
Olive oil
Green pepper
Onion
Spices
Turkey Sausage
Spaghetti Squash

Directions:
1. Prepare your spaghetti squash
2. Cut up bell pepper, onion, and sausage. 
3. Add a little olive oil and spices to the pan and saute pepper, onions, and sausage.
4. When that was almost done, I mixed in the spaghetti squash so it would have the flavors.
5. Spoon onto plate and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this! I am making spaghetti squash tomorrow and will use your directions! Looks tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does the Spaghetti Squash taste like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome! It's like an angel hair spaghetti noodle that has a little crunch to it!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Spaghetti Squash!!! It is such an easy yet delicious meal! I love that youa dded turkey sausage, sounds so tasty.

    ReplyDelete

SLIDER