Friday afternoon after work we ran a ton of errands. We knocked out several things that we have let stack up on our to do list, and since I had the energy to go from store to store in the heat, and Brandon with me, I figured we needed to just get it over with.
When it comes to the nursery we're waiting on the baby showers, before we move forward with actually decorating and buying things our self. We've pretty much been threatened with our lives not to buy anything.. so we have no choice. Since nesting has kicked into high gear {poor Brandon ;)} we've sat down and made a list of the things we can start doing and get done now. So, that's what our weekend consisted of and let me tell you.. it is so dang exciting!!!!
We bought some curtains and a curtain. I actually wanted to iron them...it was so fun. Ironing curtains for my baby boys room. While I ironed, Brandon hung up the curtain rod. He was equally excited. Fun stuff. :)
Saturday morning I got up and did a quick WOD. I've been slacking on working out late.. just been too tired. I know it's important to listen to my body, so if I'm tired, I'm gonna sleep! I attempted this WOD and even though Bennett did NOT like the first 400 m run, I opted for skipping rope instead and that was better for me. I finished the WOD and in pretty good timing! I'm still sore today from it. Good stuff.
For breakfast we tried Paelo Pancakes for the first time. I used this recipe I found on Pinterest. Easy and delicious! And packed with nutrients! We also had the Paleo Bacon & Eggs. Brandon is officially obsessed with bacon... so, we have these every morning. Yum. :)
During the day I had a much needed hair appointment. I hadn't been in 8 weeks. Whew. It was definitely time. Went a little bit more blonde and it looks so great! I'm loving it. After my hair appointment I snuck in an hour nap while Brandon cut the grass. I was never able to nap before, but now I can nap anywhere anytime and it's great. While I was getting my hair done, Brandon met 2 PR's at the box working out with the competition team. Went up in weight on his snatches and cut his Fran time in half by almost two minutes! So proud of him for working so hard. Can't wait till I can get in there and really start pushing myself and setting and meeting PR's!
Saturday night we had date night. We went to Longhorn for dinner. Yuuuuuuuuum. You can never go wrong at Longhorn. While we were there a waitress came up to us and said, 'Oh! I remember you guys from when I first started working here and now you are pregnant?? Congratulations!' So funny that she remembered us.
After dinner we went to Target and bought a few more items for the nursery. Shelves, curtain hooks, and of course a onesie. 'Rad Like Dad' :)
We got the curtains and hooks up...
The three boys and me hanging out while Brandon does all the hard stuff!
All finished!
In the daylight
Sunday we got the shelves hung up. Got to have a shelf to put the monitor on!
For dinner mom and dad came over. We had Slow Cooker Paleo Pork Loin and Cauliflower Mashers. Yum! Dad is an old fashioned country beans and potatoes man.. so of course he 'says' he didn't like them and brought his own mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and potato salad. Put for the record-it was REALLY good!




awww i wanna see your hair!! such cute curtians, i dont think i would have ever thought of something like that! your food looks amazing...
ReplyDeleteUgh! Going store to store in the heat is what is preventing me from being more prepared! It looks great! I didn't even think of a shelf for the monitor! Looks like I'll be adding that to the list! Oh, and I have a similar picture of me sitting on the floor with the dog while my husband worked in the nursery! haha glad I'm not alone!
ReplyDeleteFYI - The 'mashers' were delicious. Don't listen to your daddy! ;)
ReplyDelete