Knowing that Mother's Day is approaching the past few weeks I've just been reflecting on the gift of motherhood. As I was pushing Bennett in the jogging stroller on my run Saturday morning I had so many things bouncing through my head.
I've ran our neighborhood route so many times. I've walked, done intervals, done sprints for crossfit wods, and I've ran several miles.
I've ran it a newlywed, I've ran it to keep my body in shape, I've ran it to burn off the pizza I ate over the weekend, I've ran it to stay in shape for the hubby.
I've ran it during pregnancy to not only have a healthy pregnancy for both me and Bennett, but to keep my body in shape.
I've ran it after having Bennett, not pushing him, to get my body back in shape and stay in shape.
I've now ran the path in my neighborhood with Bennett. Outside my belly. While pushing him. In a jogging stroller.
1 word: HARD
So, while I was going about my way in our, what I realized that day, extremely hilly and bumpy neighborhood I had all of those thoughts above going through my head. Then I began thinking about how I am not only running for person goals, but also running because I want to be a healthy mom.
To me being a mom means so much more then just taking care of the child. It also means taking care of your own body so that you can be the best mom you can be. Running those hills pushing him around was not easy, but instead of sitting on my rear-end and making excuses I decided to get up, get over it, and not only run for my goals but run to be the best mom I can be. It's not about 'being skinny' or 'losing weight' it's about looking into the future and being the mom that can run around the back yard and not get winded. That can roll around the floor when baby two, three, four.. oh just kidding. (maybe). But in all seriousness.. I want to be that mom and that grandma one day that is able to jump up off the couch and go run around and play like the rest of 'em! So mom's let's get healthy this year! Let's take being a mom to a whole different level. Be the mom that invests in your own health and take care of yourself + the babies!
Happy Mother's Day Mommies!

Awww this is awesome!!!
ReplyDelete