I shared earlier this week on one of my Instagram stories (hop on over and follow me! Name: amandaforbes) that I have really been struggling with nutrition this pregnancy. Yes, me. I am a very firm 80/20 kinda girl when it comes to food, so this has totally thrown me for a loop. When I was pregnant with Bennett I felt AMAZING. Like, really. I felt awesome, except for being super tired. With Aubrey I was pretty nauseas in the beginning. It was waves of nausea that lasted all through the way up and through 1/2 of the second trimester. With this little babe, I've just had no appetite. I scroll Pinterest as I sit down to meal prep and meh. Nothing looks good. Not even a little bit. So I hit the grocery store and buy a bunch of random stuff and then... yeah.
So, earlier this week I decided enough was enough. I went back through my Pinterest page of saved healthy meals that I love, made a meal plan and committed to meal prepping and getting back on track this week.
I know that so many mom's out there struggle with the question that they constantly have to ask themselves... "what's for dinner (eye roll)?!" (I mean surely I am not the only one...) so I decided to start blogging and sharing my recipes through here, instead of just bits and pieces on Instagram. Meal prep is my JAM and over the last 7 years I have learned SO MUCH about nutrition. I can't just keep all of this to myself. So, here we go! Hope you stick around for more recipes to come!
Honey Sriracha Meatballs
-Ingredients:
Meatballs:
2lbs lean ground beef
1 cup panko crumbs
2 eggs
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Sauce:
1/4 cup sriracha
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp liquid aminos
3 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp arrow root powder
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
-Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Mix together beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, salt/pepper, garlic powder and green onions - I use a spoon to mash it all together and then I use my hands - Shape into 1 inch meatballs and place spaced apart on prepared baking sheets. Don't forget to spray the sheets!
Bake for 20-25 minutes
While the meatballs are baking, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce and boil over medium. Reduce and let simmer for 8-10 minutes. The sauce will thicken.
I like to serve these meatballs with quinoa or over brown rice. I also always add veggies to this! Whether it's broccoli, brussel sprouts, mixed veggies.. whatever you'd like!
PRO TIPS:
1. If you are feeding the family double OR triple the recipe! Make enough for dinner + plenty of left overs for meal prep for you & the hubby.
2. Don't pour the sauce over top of all the meatballs. I plate them, or put them in meal prep containers, and then I put the sauce on top.
3. If you have kiddos and they don't like spicy, just give them the meatballs plain.
No comments:
Post a Comment